Ever have one of these days??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, if your playing live, as the room changes (people moving around,arriving or leaving) The rooms acoustics change affecting your sound. so you can sound killer one night and sound like crap the next night do to the changes. it can even happen in the same night do to the variances in room atmosphere.

Ya, i've had one of those days when it sounded good, but then just sounded horrible. but that could be b/c i have a line 6 spider. so it doesn't go from perfect to bad, it goes from barely decent to god awful.

but i am currently in the process of getting an RM50, just as soon as i get the money. i already have a mod'd 1086, as well as a blackface on its way.

but i guess it could be a good thing that we have those days, b/c if we didn't hear something wrong with our tone, we would never fully grasp the full range of EQ option the amp holds. constantly hearing things that could be adjusted will train our ears to know exactly what we need to tweak, as well as how much we need to tweak it to make it sound perfect. its just a thought. it can be frustrating, but it just means we are developing a higher level of awareness for our tone.

Bewitagos1 said:
Mailman1971 said:
I am also quite sure that drinking while playing DOES make you sound better!! :D
I swore I sounded better than EVH the other night after about 1/2 a bottle of Vodka! :lol:

vodka.jpg

need we say more? :wink:
Get that glass out of the way! :lol:

I had my SL+ dialed in for punchy, dry-ish thrash tones, then I dialed it EXACTLY the same (I was running my amp at 50 watts the first time, mind you. 100 this time), and it sounded crappy and weak =/ Guess I need those EL34s more than I though :lol:

If I got any more "F'd" up when playing I would pull a Eric Clapton!
Fall on the floor and just finish my solos!! :D

I think this is related to any piece of art or expression. My dad is an artist and he says the same thing when he draws. He'll think its great one day and then a couple of days later look at it and go "ugh". It happens when I listen to recordings too.

grunge782 said:
It happens when I listen to recordings too.
I know exactly what you mean. i recorded some riffs a long time ago, and when i made them i thought they were great, but now i look back and don't see anything worth building on. some of them i may use (if i can even remember them).

But if i make up a riff, i play it for a few days and try to build on it, but after a few weeks or months, i just don't play it anymore. now i seem to play in a more random manner. i have the notes and chords in mind, but i will play the rhythm slightly different every time; i don't have solid riffs. occasionally i will have a solid riff, and most likely i will write it down so i remember it, but most time i just play a riff out of nowhere that uses chords and notes i know go together.

but the bottom line is i look back at riffs i made a long time ago and don't find them to be any good. i also seem to be having trouble making music now; i just don't have much enthusiasm any more. that could just be b/c my amp discourages me from playing most of the time (Line 6 spider). hopefully i can get an RM50 soon. i already have a Blackface and mod'd 1086. i hope that will bring the enthusiasm back.