• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FISCH - SOLD

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlord1974

Reaction score
Sold! Thanks, Andy!

Guys:

As some of you know, I recently purchased a new non-modular amp so am having to make some tough decisions about what gear to sell to free up some cash. My eyes well up every time I think about what I am about to do here......

Looking to sell my BRAND NEW Sacred Groove Fisch. It was just delivered to me on May 27. Literally, I opened the box it came in, took a few pics and here it is for sale.

Anyways, this Fisch is a bit of a custom order. I told Scott (a.k.a. Sacred Groove) that I wanted it to look as much like my real Bogner Fish preamp as possible. As such, cosmetic changes from his standard Fisch mod are as follows:
(1) the top white triangles or "teeth" have been removed from the standard Fisch faceplate;
(2) the Fish cartoon is now white with a black outline, as opposed to black with a white outline; and
(3) I had him replace the red LED with a green LED to mimic the green Power button on the front of a real Bogner Fish.

It looks killer and sounds even better. As always, top notch work by Scott!

I do want to point out that there is a little bit of faceplate paint damage in the top left corner that happened during shipment. The faceplate itself is straight and true. It's not a huge deal but I just thought I would mention it in the spirit of full disclosure.

$280 shipped via Expresspost in the lower 48 CONUS or Canada. Payment via PayPal Gift (or add 3%).

Fisch_4-1.jpg

Fisch_2.jpg

Fisch_1.jpg

Really?! This is still here? Guys, this is by far the best module available in the Classifieds right now. And I'm not just saying that because I'm trying to sell. Someone should snap this up NOW......

I'm thinking about it but I think I'd be better off with a Sacred Groove XTC.

The Sacred Groove XTC is awesome, no doubt (I have both). If I could only have one though, it would be the Fisch. Sometimes, simple is better. The Fisch just has the TONE, and you don't need to worry about what position to put 2 or 3 switches in to get at it....

How is the Fisch tone different than the XTC?
If I did bite would you ship to Ontario Canada? If I didn't like the Fisch would you trade me for an XTC? Mattfig has had the SG XTC in his rack for a while now...it must be pretty darn good too :)

JD:

Just to be absolutely clear, the XTC Red/Blue is a KILLER module too. I just found that, although it has a plethora of options, I actually used it primarily set up in one manner (no time to change settings when playing live!). If you are using it in an RM20 - or for home or recording use - it will give you tons of tonal options.

The Fisch is a little bit more of a one trick pony, but it does what it does incredibly well and is straightforward and easy to dial in a tone and leave it alone. Want to know what it sounds like (generally speaking)? Go throw on Alice In Chains "Facelift" or "Dirt".

I find the Fisch's high gain tone to be warmer and "browner" than the XTC's Red channel.

As for shipping to Ontario?....I PM'd you. :D

I love my Fisch. It has not left my RM100 since it arrived. I am surprised that this is still here. Free bump for you.

I am honestly SHOCKED this has not sold yet. Let's get it done here folks!

I'm glad this is sold...stopped me from being foolish when I got paid today :0)