• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/FT: ADA MicroTube 200 1U Rackmount Power Amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughJasol

Reaction score
I had this sold on eBay for $300 shipped - but then the "buyer" stiffed me! I'm looking to again get $300 for this amp shipped (PayPal only).

Will consider trades for MTS modules, or I could make this amp part of the deal for an Axe-FX Ultra (see my other listings) . . .

Cosmetically, there is a moderate amount of scratching on the top and bottom, typical for most rack gear; but very minimal on the front (just a couple of scratches in the paint by the "ADA" logo). There are no bent ears or heatsink fins, all the knobs, switches & LEDs work as they should. This amp works great - I've used it at several gigs. You should be aware that one of the common characteristics of this amp is that the "Protect" circuit can take anywhere from 0 minutes to 8 minutes to disengage on power up before allowing the amp to operate - and this one is no exception (you can read many similar accounts of this on Harmony Central - I used to own another one of these back in the '90s, and it did the same thing); this doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it typically takes about 4-5 minutes. The tubes have recently been replaced with Electro-Harmonix 12AX7s.

ADA Microtube 200
Technical data:

Input Impedance: 50k ohms.
Output Power: 100 watts RMS, 4 ohms both
channels, 200 watts RMS, 8 ohms bridged.
Frequency Response: 40Hz to 30kHz +/-5dB.
Tube Complement: 2x12AX7A.
Controls: Power on-off, standby, separate A &
B channel attenuators, Presence control.
Dimensions: D = 9.5", W=19", H = 1.75"
(1 rack space).
Weight: 8 lbs., 10 lbs. shipping.
Power Requirements: 95-125VAC 50/60Hz,
475 watts.

DSCN1750.jpg

DSCN1751.jpg

DSCN1753.jpg

DSCN1754.jpg

DSCN1755.jpg

DSCN1756.jpg

I know - mine too. Now that I've been able to scrape up enough to pay Tobin for all that gear (including another Mesa 20/20 - which is the only reason I'm thinking of letting the MicroTube go), I'm not desperate to sell it and won't be heartbroken if it doesn't sell . . . in fact I thought about just keeping it. These are getting harder to find and seem to have actually increased in value by $75-$100 in the last year. :shock:

used to have a microtube100 that was great. loved the thing. great power amp for sure for not being all tube.

Never heard the Marshall, but compared to my Mesa 20/20 there's very little if any breakup. I haven't really cranked it up though because this thing is loud, so perhaps it does at higher volumes.

Bump for a really good and lightweight stereo power amp . . . :)

I wonder how this would sound driving an Axe FX? I am using my RT2/50 now, but that thing is HEAVY. This would get me another rack space and make my rig significantly lighter...

rhequiem said:
I am using my RT2/50 now, but that thing is HEAVY. This would get me another rack space and make my rig significantly lighter...
Exactly the reason I bought this ... replacing the RT2/50 with this amp made my rack bearable to carry.

rhequiem said:
How does it sound, compared to the RT2/50?
I'll be honest - nothing compares to my RT2/50 as far as I'm concerned - not even my Mesa 20/20. But I haven't played through the ADA (or the RT2/50 for that matter) in quite a few months, and I only used it for a few gigs before I got a 20/20. So in order to give you an honest answer I'd have to hook it up and do some comparisons . . . sorry man! :lol: