• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Jaded Faith XMG [EU | Intl.] SOLD!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katash

Reaction score
Up for sale is my mint XMG.....
Located in Germany, but international shipping is no problem!

sold!

img0652rk.jpg

Not sure :D It definitly is a beast on its own....

I'll play it again later and will try to compare to my other mods (Angel, Mamba).

Talk to you later!

Mhhh well..... a little bit more marshall flavour to me (I don't know the marshall tone really good - so I'm not sure how spot-on that is). Might be because my other modules are so not-marshally (except the plexi, which I don't play that often).

Interested?

Maybe I can help. Its def. got no Marshall tonestack or attributes (coming straight from Rob). Its like a high-end german sounding amp. Very tight and saturated. Big bottom end, but very sharp. Its really unlike any other high-gain mod out there, Rob's personal creation for modern gain tone. Good for industrial metal in my opinion. Mine is actually on its way back to Rob after some time with it, for an add-on he's thinking of as an added feature to the XMG.

Free bump and a little clarification on the tone.

There is really nothing to compare it to. It really was an original design. A video and more clips will be forthcoming soon. I can assure you it is not Marshall-esque at all. If I had to say it had any sonic elements of anything else, MAYBE an Engl? There's not a single aspect of it's design borrowed from any other amp, which I love.

Really stoked to see what this thing is gonna sound like! Right now I've put my RM100 Lynchbox "on the back burner" as my rhythm and clean channel head, putting my Peavey 6505+ head up front as my lead, because none of my stock modules (Even my Ultra XL) could hang with the high gain levels that the Peavey was producing. I'm hoping that the XMG will put my Lynchbox back up front on that level. I think I'm also going to (once again) retube the Lynchbox back to 6L6's in place of the new KT88's. It just doesn't have the punch it used to with the 6L6's before I switched them out.

@JF - I can't wait to hear this thing, but since it's shipping from Germany that'll probably be a while. In the mean time, if you have any sound clips of this thing I'd love to hear them. BTW, LunatiBSW says he's shipping his back to you for some added mods? What mads are you doing to his?

TORMENT FAKTORY said:
Really stoked to see what this thing is gonna sound like! Right now I've put my RM100 Lynchbox "on the back burner" as my rhythm and clean channel head, putting my Peavey 6505+ head up front as my lead, because none of my stock modules (Even my Ultra XL) could hang with the high gain levels that the Peavey was producing. I'm hoping that the XMG will put my Lynchbox back up front on that level. I think I'm also going to (once again) retube the Lynchbox back to 6L6's in place of the new KT88's. It just doesn't have the punch it used to with the 6L6's before I switched them out.

@JF - I can't wait to hear this thing, but since it's shipping from Germany that'll probably be a while. In the mean time, if you have any sound clips of this thing I'd love to hear them. BTW, LunatiBSW says he's shipping his back to you for some added mods? What mads are you doing to his?

Heres some clips I did a while back:
http://jadedfaithmods.com/Original_Mods.html

He increased saturation and added a 3 way tight switch to make the XMG a "+" version. Well worth it if you a technical metal player. The tightest setting is so brutal and the noise is soooo low.

Enjoy it bud!

although in my opinion the clips don't do the XMG justice - it can sound even better :D

Katash said:
although in my opinion the clips don't do the XMG justice - it can sound even better :D

Yeah, I can get alot of other to tones out of it as well. But guess what, clips are made to help give an idea. It does that well. Ive heard alot of Krank clips out there that put me off for a while, but after owning a rev jr. I'm getting a 50w krankenstein because there alot of
Magic that happens in the room.
- BTW, smart guy, Where's your clips? I put mine together in 10 min being a complete novice to home recording. I'm one of the guys that thinks tube amps sound much better live than recorded also though ;). So if that's what you meant then it's cool.