• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - NBKing proto sold and several other Sig mods available

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2ply

Reaction score
Ok - so after thinking about it a bit (and a comment in the thread about this module) - Since I'm not using it (and honestly other than collecting it) - probably wouldn't use it in a rig of mine, I'm going to put the one and only NBKing proto module up for sale. It has spent time with Anthony over at Salvation, who did a minor tweek to the bright switch - here is the info on from the person who had it done -

Anthony from Salvation recently had this to clone and did a minor mod as detailed below:- "It affects Bright switch ON position =makes lower gain settings. brighter. Modification is also easy to undo. I am almost sure that Randall accidentally put this capacitor into the C1 position, because with cap in C2 position the module is reallyA LOT more useful "

I've decided I'm going to pick up a couple of more Salvations that I want, so to clear out some space I'm going to let this go. - $OLD shipped/pp'd in the cont 48 FIRM -

mtsnbking.jpg

If that module sells - then I'm going to clear out a few other SIG modules (but only if that one sells - as if its still here, the collector in me will just keep the rest of these too). - But again if the NBKing goes I'll also be parting with the following list:

KH1 - $110 Shipped PP'd cont 48
KH2 - $130 Shipped PP'd cont 48
KH3 - $130 Shipped PP'd cont 48
All three for - $350 Shipped PP'd cont 48

mtskh.jpg

Malcom - $200 Shipped PP'd cont 48
1987 - $OLD Shipped PP'd cont 48
The Nuts - $ON HOLD Shipped PP'd cont 48

mtssi.jpg

Super V - $175 Shipped PP'd cont 48
Dave Friedman corrected Brahma - $OLD Shipped PP'd cont 48
The Judge - $OLD Shipped PP'd cont 48

mtsgl1.jpg

mtsgl2.jpg

Again - these are all feelers - only if the NBKing sells - but feel free to PM me interest and I'll put a list together - for first come first serve. NO TRADES - unless you have a RM100LB and matching 4x12, or the Salvations I'm looking to get (very doubtful) - DuoPlex, Baseman, Shiver - beyond that only looking for cash. Have a bunch of great dealings up here, and feel free to ask any questions.

Great guy to deal with. Some pretty smokin modules for sale here that might actually postpone my sale so you can snatch some of these up. Buy with confidence.

EDIT: for those not in the know, that NBKING is 1 of 1.

I am trying so hard not to want that NBKing!!
Dont know if your Brahma is the same as my
Friedman one but I love mine. Great price on
that one if so.

Yeah I'd like to know if it is the same spec Brahma as BigBrewtus'...anyway you guys could compare notes?? What did he "correct"?

Holy wow...the NBKING1 has been passed around more than my ex-wife! And man am I into dirty girls :twisted: Geez, ever since the discussion thread on this I have been sorting out whether I would enter the bidding war to buy it if/when it hit the market again. You're a sinister man c2...just look at all those sig mods...LOOK AT 'EM!!!

What on earth is that Union Jack module sitting above the NBKING in the picture? I've never seen that before.

Whoopysnorp said:
What on earth is that Union Jack module sitting above the NBKING in the picture? I've never seen that before.

Because I can see PC1 and a union Jack - I am going to guess that Randall made something for Def Leppard's Phil Collen - maybe that was module

c2ply is old school royalty here, and if he were to reveal his entire module collection to us, there would be no survivors ;) Very good guy to deal with!

I was original owner of NBKing mod after funkymunky offered it for sale and it honestly had the best marshallish" lead tone I've played in a mod so far. With the overdrive pretty closed to max it was sick! Not to mention this is the only one out there!

I'm going thru the PM I got in order - and giving each one a little time to respond - I'll be getting in touch with everyone who sent me a PM - its just going to take a little bit.

To answer some questions - one yes the Dave Friedman corrected Brahma means it was sent to him to make it like it should have been - its a great sounding module.

The union jack faceplate (correct with the PC-1 name) - was the stuff that was built for the Phil Collen Def Leppard sig amp - but its just the plates that I got, don't know if the proto type modules ever made it anywhere - I think I ended up with the only things in existence for them - I have two RM100 face plates that are all white that are labeled RM100DL - so on a RM100M it looks a lot like a Soldano amp - and three union jack plates - all labeled PC-1. The actual mod in this one is my Dave Friedman modded RSC plexi - and its one of his older mods so not a BE, HBE on anything like that. Its a killer module - so I though it looked good in this skin -
MTSpc1.jpg

SRegal said:
Wasnt the NB passed around to some of the modders for R&D?
What ever happened with that?

I sent it to Anthony for R&D and he successfully cloned it and make it even better and of course added his own features to push it even further. He should be releasing more info on it shortly or feel free to PM him or mojo for more info.

PC-1 would have been interesting as would their take on a SLO. Too bad the line died as it seems like they were going in the right direction after all..

1987 incoming. Review compared to stock SL+, JF Brahma, JF Scary, and SG Fisch to follow. Rock.