FUSE HELP ! please !

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k9blek

Reaction score
OK ..i've been all over this forum searching for the fuse that I need for my RM100. It's the fuse behind the amp next to the power cord. The place where you can adjust the amp from 120V to 220V and etc. There is a fuse in there that blew and I found out it was not the right fuse to begin with ... but I cannot find the right fuse ! please help!

On the back it says F5AL240V but i've searched online and can't find anything about it.

This is just a standard 5 amp 240 volt fuse. The F5AL is the manufacturers marking for BEL electronics. Any 5 amp 240-250 volt fuse should work. If you want to do a search on the internet then type in F5AL 240V with the space between the current and voltage designators.

Peace, Joshua

Mister Joshua said:
This is just a standard 5 amp 240 volt fuse. The F5AL is the manufacturers marking for BEL electronics. Any 5 amp 240-250 volt fuse should work. If you want to do a search on the internet then type in F5AL 240V with the space between the current and voltage designators.

Peace, Joshua

Uhhh ...i went to Radio Shack and bought a 5 amp 250 volt fuse (i just misprinted the volt amount earlier) ... anyway ...the same specs as it says on the back of the amp ...guess what? The fuse is too big to even fit in the slot ???? COME ON !! What am i missing here ?

k9blek said:
Mister Joshua said:

Peace, Joshua

Uhhh ...i went to Radio Shack and bought a 5 amp 250 volt fuse (i just misprinted the volt amount earlier) ... anyway ...the same specs as it says on the back of the amp ...guess what? The fuse is too big to even fit in the slot ???? COME ON !! What am i missing here ?
There are 2 types of fuses (well.. actually millions, but 2 in amps): 20mm and 32mm.
I'm afraid you need a 20mm and got a 32mm one.

A good rule is to take the blown fuse with you to the shop.
A fuse has it's value and specs on it, showing that to the dude at the shop makes sure that you have the same one. :)