G-Major + Midimate question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AXCL

Reaction score
I just picked up a G-Major and a Midimate. Now I finally have some good control over the sounds I want.

My issue is whenever I change patches that include certain FX (mostly Delay & pitch) via the Midimate, the G-Major has clicking noises. If I change to a patch that has the same FX, the is no click also, if I change the patch via the G-Major knob, there is no click.

It sounds like a relay, but I would have thought this would have been all digital, not a physical relay circuit.

Is this normal?

Thanks,
G

I have the same problem with my GMajor when I'm stepping on my stomp boxes, but you're right, using your Midimate shouldn't cause that clicking, unless the switch button is causing it.

This is an old thread, but I figured out the G-Major click issue so I thought I'd provide the solution. As many people, my unit is used. One of the previous owners may have been using the relays. It is the relays turning on/off that are making the clicking sound. If I change the relays to off in my patches, they no longer click when switching between them.

Tung - not sure if this will help you, it may possibly if you have your midimate stomps sending more then one CC, one being for the relays. I don't use mine in this mode as I have an old V1 which only allows all 10 banks, or 10 CC, not half and half like the V2. They just received the V2 epromms from Japan, so I'll likely be ordering the update shortly.

Cheers!