G3 speaker outs problem

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlackCactus

Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with the parallel outputs not working on their G3? My line out works, all the lights and buttons work, except for when I hook it up to my cab, nothing comes out. I slaved it to a buddy's amp with the line out (not proper slaving) and it works, but sounds like **** for obvious reasons. Its really pissing me off because its a brand new amp and I can't use it. Any suggestions?

Forgive me for not being quite on the ball here, but do you mean the speaker outs don't work or that the line-out doesn't work when the amp is hooked up to a cab?

No, just that the speaker outputs were not sending any sound to the cab. It had nothing to do with the line out.

Anyways, a buddy of mine took a look at it and swapped a new 12AX7 preamp tube in there and determined it was a dead tube. I'm new to head's and tube amps after having a Line 6 spider combo for 2 years, so I had no idea what was going on.