Getting rid of my triaxis and stepping into MTS, Modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRR

Reaction score
I have a Triaxis and it just isn't gainy enough no matter what I do. So I'm getting rid of it and am going to get an MTS. I came into the triaxis after having sold a 5150 I loved. I'm obviously getting the SI50, I'm also thinking snorkler. I have two slots I'm not sold on and I'm thinking either Marsh-all and a good clean channel but I'm not sure if the snokler would cover the marsh's territorry and what clean to get. Any reccomendations? What power amps are you guys pairing these up with? Is a VHT a good match? I was thinking of getting rid of the coliseum 300 and triaxis as a unit.
Thanks,
-R3

Best pairing is with the Randall RT2/50, but a VHT works too. You get the most versatility from the Randall power amp.

Gigmods Blackface for the cleans
Snorkeler does what the Mashall does really well already, but is a fairly nice tone in itself.
**** yeah, S1S0 :D
Then after that I would just find something else you love. With the RT2/50 you can pair the Gigmods Blackface and the S1S0 with a set of 6L6's and your Marshally module with EL34's, plus whatever else you decide you want to use.

RRR said:
I have a Triaxis and it just isn't gainy enough no matter what I do. So I'm getting rid of it and am going to get an MTS. I came into the triaxis after having sold a 5150 I loved. I'm obviously getting the SI50, I'm also thinking snorkler. I have two slots I'm not sold on and I'm thinking either Marsh-all and a good clean channel but I'm not sure if the snokler would cover the marsh's territorry and what clean to get. Any reccomendations? What power amps are you guys pairing these up with? Is a VHT a good match? I was thinking of getting rid of the coliseum 300 and triaxis as a unit.
Thanks,
-R3

Man, I played a Triaxis for years and "gain" was never a problem! But welcome to MTS! The Mash-All and the Snorkler are VERY Different! I have both. The Mash-All is simply a MUST HAVE. The best clean modules for me have been the Jadded Faith TWEED mod. Extremely solid, beautiful clean tones. I sold my Salvation LoneClean once I had it. All power amps will provide a different character, but the Randall does sound great and more importantly lets you switch between two different tube types. Some modules sound like *** with 6L6s, but amazing with EL34s and the other way around. This will make a MUCH bigger change in your tone then the flavor of any other poweramp.

Yes,

MTS amps are fun! But know beforehand, you don't buy an RM, you marry it! This forum is the only market for that stuff 2nd hand!

for metal, I love the Mr. Scary, NOS black plate 12ax7 in V1 for gain and tone, EHX in V2 for a little darkening.

I found a GE NOS gray plate 12ax7 works well in the amp V1, doesn't compromise the brit or fender tones.

For your clean module, try a 5751, and the PI too.

For me, the NOS pre tubes turned a red headed stepchild into an expensive sounding amp.

good luck

Triaxis not gainy enough? This just doesn't seem right? Have you had it checked out? It has a TON of gain........

MTS amps are fun! But know beforehand, you don't buy an RM, you marry it!

I totally agree with that! I've been trying to unload my RM100 with Salvation mods with no luck. It's an awesome design but very limited resale market. I blame Randall for not providing enough information on the product or at least keep it interesting by giving us some new mods as promised 3 years ago. In the meantime I'll still be cranking my RM100. :twisted: [/quote]