• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gig mods 1087

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fxrfxr

Reaction score
Too many modules. Gig mods is dead and should be in jail. Yours for 140 shipped.

Yeah,sent a module and paid,it was never returned after numerous follow ups and empty promises....

Dont know how many off had...I saw a few posts on here a while back about some poeple that had issues with GM.....I know hos website has been down for a long time...I did get a reply from him once about a faceplate about 6 months ago.....

if you still have an unresolved issue with Pete then send him an email. Take a look at his latest post in the Gigmods Section (he just posted it a couple days ago).

Thanks for the advice but no, I have emailed him enough and made it known enough on this forum what happened that he has to be a man and email me. I think 15 months is plenty of time for him to make it right.

I'd be interested to know how many people, too. I know he said he lost some contact info and such in his recent thread, but so far I've only really heard about Fxrfxr's situation (which admittedly SUCKS, and is wrong, IMO). At least Pete's trying to resolve any outstanding business, even though he's been out of mts modding for awhile, and doesn't appear to be coming back to it at any point in the future.

That said, I'm really tempted to buy this 1087 ;) My go-to module right now is my Gigmods Mr. Scary, oddly enough!

Fxrfxr said:
Thanks for the advice but no, I have emailed him enough and made it known enough on this forum what happened that he has to be a man and email me. I think 15 months is plenty of time for him to make it right.
well 1) Pete has not been on the forum for over a year. He is done doing mods but will finish any work that has yet to be done. 2) His computer crashed several times so he lost a lot of emails. Read his post...it explains it all. Don't try to communicate with him through the forum. Email is the best way to contact him.

rhequiem said:
That said, I'm really tempted to buy this 1087 ;) My go-to module right now is my Gigmods Mr. Scary, oddly enough!
DO IT. I have owned it since before i had an MTS amp. The hype was so huge when i started that i had to have it. Out of all the modules i have owned this is the only one that has lasted the longest. I did have an issue with it at one point but i found out it was the tube contacts. They got separated too far from changing tubes so much. Lesson learned. Now it performs flawlessly. It has a great tone. When i first played it i was using a down tuned Jackson; it definitely sounds better with down tuned guitars. I say go for it.

His mods are great. They really are. Really wanted that xtc after seeing the YouTube clips.

The GM recto is my favorite of all the Recto mods...there is just something about it that works......but I wasnt really impressed with any of his other mods for various reasons.......it seems to me that the other modders have taken the mods a few levels above what was done in the past.........maybe that is why he isnt modding anymore.......

alowerdeep said:
The GM recto is my favorite of all the Recto mods...there is just something about it that works......but I wasnt really impressed with any of his other mods for various reasons.......it seems to me that the other modders have taken the mods a few levels above what was done in the past.........maybe that is why he isnt modding anymore.......
I talked to him about it and that is basically why he stopped. Though remember that Pete was one of the first modders to do work for us. The MTS series might not be the same it is today without the work he did. It might not be vastly different but Pete's contribution to the MTS series is not insignificant.

On another note i am glad to see the the 1087 has found a home. FxrFxr i am sorry that you had that issue with Pete. I still say that you should try to find some closure. Worst case scenario: nothing happens. Best case scenario: you get your money and/or the module back.

I do agree that after this much time it should have been resolved but at the same time, life does happen. Pete did say he was having computer issues and other stuff and he lost track of what business he still had to take care of. He made a mistake but he is making an effort now to find resolution. This is just my 2 cents.

Dont know that I buy it...if he were really interested in taking care of things,he would have come forward alot sooner,rather than having to have people track him down on other forums for him to finally come here and make a post.....and he still has the same email address I noticed..just doesnt add up.......It is what it is..cant really know it is true,but based on what I know and what Ive seen I just dont agree and would never deal directly w/GM again anyway..maybe he did some cool things a while back,still doesnt excuse this type of behavior just becasue you cant keep up or you lose interest...Of course,anyone that takes my money is never going to stop hearing from me on some level.......I am,however,glad to see some of the members on here actually stepped up and tried to help by actually tracking him down and contacting him on other forums....shows there are a few decent guys on here anyway...it always bothered me in the past when certain memebers that continued to have questionable transactions got a free pass or even people bashing those that were having the issues because they had good transactions with a particular member....The base of this forum is a very small group of guys and I think it is very cool that I stay in regular contact with a fewof them even outside of doing module deals etc...there isnt a whole lot we can do if someone rips us off,but we can take alot of steps to insure it doesnt contiune by actively keeping undesireable members away by remaining a united base and working together in situations like this...........

alowerdeep said:
Dont know that I buy it...if he were really interested in taking care of things,he would have come forward alot sooner,rather than having to have people track him down on other forums for him to finally come here and make a post.....and he still has the same email address I noticed..just doesnt add up.......It is what it is..cant really know it is true,but based on what I know and what Ive seen I just dont agree and would never deal directly w/GM again anyway..maybe he did some cool things a while back,still doesnt excuse this type of behavior just becasue you cant keep up or you lose interest...Of course,anyone that takes my money is never going to stop hearing from me on some level.......I am,however,glad to see some of the members on here actually stepped up and tried to help by actually tracking him down and contacting him on other forums....shows there are a few decent guys on here anyway...it always bothered me in the past when certain memebers that continued to have questionable transactions got a free pass or even people bashing those that were having the issues because they had good transactions with a particular member....The base of this forum is a very small group of guys and I think it is very cool that I stay in regular contact with a fewof them even outside of doing module deals etc...there isnt a whole lot we can do if someone rips us off,but we can take alot of steps to insure it doesnt contiune by actively keeping undesireable members away by remaining a united base and working together in situations like this...........
From what he has said he did not know there was unfinished business. That is why he didn't come forward. He stopped doing mods and didn't visit the forum for over a year. I'm not sure of anything else like where the modules are and such. That is really none of my business...it is between Pete and the client(s). My take on the situation is that he wasn't ripping anyone off...there was a communication breakdown. Maybe it is more than just that but based on the majority of good experiences the people have had with Pete when he was active on here...i don't think that he intentionally ripped anyone off. The fact now is that he is trying to resolve the outstanding issues.

Also he has been active on facebook as well. After i saw this thread i contacted him about it through FB and that is what initiated his post. I hadn't seen him around here in a while so i wanted to let him know in case he was not aware. It doesn't seem like there was any issue with "tracking him down". The way i see it (like i said before) it was a communication breakdown somewhere. This is a very general statement but it is all i can conclude from the information presented. To get the full story, anyone with unresolved issues needs to email him to get it straightened out. I would hate to see Pete get a bad reputation on here if it is unjustified. I have seen a partial picture of both sides of the story and it does sound like some things don't add up. Though it's not my place to put the pieces together and really it's not a job that i particularly want. I feel like i am treading on thin ice here. I just don't want to see these issues persist if it can be helped.

I know that there have been some questionable transactions over the years and in some of them there was obvious foul play. I hate to see stuff like that happen but it is good to know that the majority of this community is respectable. What i see here in this case is a misunderstanding. It doesn't sound like he got a chance to make things right because he was unaware.

Fxrfxr you say that you have emailed him multiple times with little to no response; i think you should find out if he has a valid reason for this before you claim that he intentionally ripped you off.

Well I do wonder what a valid reason would be. Payment and receipt of my module were confirmed on January 24 th, 2011. My last attempt was on Feb 7th 2012 when he said for the umpteenth time I will get this fixed by next week. I could go back and count all the emails but I think one would be enough. There is no " other side " to this. I sent a module and payment and never got it sent to me. I made what I felt were enough attempts in good faith and without hostility to resolve this. I am not going to beg the man to do what is right. People can make their own judgements and question my efforts and motives but at the end of the day the man was informed enough times to fix it and didn't. I only give this info so if people are ever tempted to send him their money they can make an informed decision. I don't want anything from him. My pride is to valuable to waste another second communicating with someone with so little integrity. He is no victim here.

Reminds me of Dan at This1smyne. The guy has had my pedal and payment for a custom rehouse for 18 months and has never responded to one of my MANY emails asking about it. At some point, you just stop sending them.

I've written off the pedal and money. If it shows up magically someday, well, I guess I'll have it. But I assume I'll never see the pedal or my cash again.

And it always surprised me when people would pipe in on complaint threads about Dan on TGP, saying "I've had a great transaction with Dan". Sorry, but that's irrelevant. Your happy deal isn't at issue. The thread is about the people who have been screwed over by Dan, not the people who don't have any experience about getting screwed over by him.