Good listenings!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try Waltari - Yeah!Yeah!Die!Die! Death metal symphony in deep C
or Sadist - Tribe

I heard one of the old cuts today in the car...
You could hear John Sykes playing great Rhythm tracks and then..
Stev Vai shows up and it all goes to crap real fast.
I really liked Vai in Alcatrazz, but once John Sykes was gone...it was OVER.
So much passion in Sykes playing. The harmonics...I insist that Zack Wylde HAD to be listening. But Sykes did it cleaner,fast and with less distortion!!!!
I soooooooo miss John Sykes in Whitesnake.

GtrGeorge! said:
I heard one of the old cuts today in the car...
You could hear John Sykes playing great Rhythm tracks and then..
Stev Vai shows up and it all goes to crap real fast.
I really liked Vai in Alcatrazz, but once John Sykes was gone...it was OVER.
So much passion in Sykes playing. The harmonics...I insist that Zack Wylde HAD to be listening. But Sykes did it cleaner,fast and with less distortion!!!!
I soooooooo miss John Sykes in Whitesnake.

Blue Murder...'nuff'sed

maybe one or two songs, and while good...
the songwriting in those 2 cuts didnt knock me out. And after that, never heard more. maybe it slayed..I dont know.
I DID see a "John Sykes Les Paul" being offered thru a music store in Chicago. It had all the wear marks and all. It was professiionally distressed to look like his Black Les Paul. ..So I guess that proves many,many people never forgot John Sykes.
I certainly didn't...and If i ever run into David Coverdale I only have 2 questions for him
1) What were you thinking firing JOHN SYKES?!!!!
2) What the hell happened to Tawny Kitaen? I saw her on TV the other day...a real mess.

GtrGeorge! said:
maybe one or two songs, and while good...
the songwriting in those 2 cuts didnt knock me out. And after that, never heard more. maybe it slayed..I dont know.
I DID see a "John Sykes Les Paul" being offered thru a music store in Chicago. It had all the wear marks and all. It was professiionally distressed to look like his Black Les Paul. ..So I guess that proves many,many people never forgot John Sykes.
I certainly didn't...and If i ever run into David Coverdale I only have 2 questions for him
1) What were you thinking firing JOHN SYKES?!!!!
2) What the hell happened to Tawny Kitaen? I saw her on TV the other day...a real mess.

Sykes still does stuff with Blue Murder, as well as, Thin Lizzy/Phil Lynott tributes.

The Blue Murder tone was ahead of its time, IMHO.

Coverdale's a cheezball, Sykes is too good for him and would've left sooner, or later.

i'm obsessed with these three at the moment- suicide silence, carnifex, and white chapel :twisted:

yeah I hear you on this one.
But the timing couldnt have been worse for both parties. Whitesnake never recovered. Getting RebBeach NOW is nice...but the crowds left 20 years ago,ya know?
And Blue Murder, based on radio play in my area, never had the support it needed to succeed commercially.
...so yeah, I guess it was a good move for everyone (sarcasm).

I think alot of great players live in lousy bands until they have enough recognition to float their own project. Randy Rhoads was leaving Ozzy, for example at the time of his death. Keith Richards has tried leaving the stones (X-pensive winos), and Joe Perry and a long list of names..
I think the key is to wait to you REALLY have established your name....or your jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane (if you get my drift).

Currently listening to...

1. Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake
2. Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker

And Im kinda embarrassed to admit...Death Magnetic :oops: