• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Greco GO-700 super rare, super amazing!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikal69

Reaction score
I have a 1977 Greco GO-700 for sale. these are super rare, only ever seen about 3 of 'em in the states, ever! '77 is the initial year of the model run, they came in 3 versions, the 700, 900, and 1300, all made by hand (no CNC until '81) with love at the famous Fuji-gen Gakki plant in Japan, where all the top line Japanese guitars came in that era, including Zemaitas, Ibanez, and more.

the 700 series features two humbuckers, LP style controls, solid chrome control plates on the back, neck through, 5-piece Maple and Mahogany neck,
Wings are top shelf mahogany with another wood layered on the top and bottom, rosewood neck, beautiful perfectly laid inlays, no warping on neck, neck shape is similar to a 60's Gibby but a little thinner. 10" radius.
frets are in good condition, but with frequent use will need a fret-level in a 3 or so years but action is on the low side and plays perfectly. Brass and Bone nut! tuners hold tune especially well. guitar is on the heavier side, tone in the neck is very jazzy but not in a muddy way, stock bridge is a little weak, so have a Dimarzio Evo in there right now but will include original pickup. great sustain, neck through body (think Alembic or old BC Rich)
I will post pics later, but here's what she looks like for now:

middle_1286108298.jpg

looking to get $925obo shipp'd and paypal'd. not interested in trades unless it's EBMM or Taylor on the headstock. Help a brotha out for the holidays and i'll include some extra goodies, could be some tubes, a pedal, a tuner...who knows....