Hi, new here. Is this a decent RG-100 that I just bought?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icegiant

Reaction score
I realize that it is not an ES version (had trouble finding one), but is it decent for metal? Maybe with a boost up front? On the back it has a sticker that says RG100HB.

One problem, is that I can't figure out how to hook it up to a speaker cab. The OHM rating on back has me confused as hell. Any idea??

357opa8.jpg

2ngrlza.jpg

Yes that one is sweet. Very similar to the original RG100ES--as good or better IMO. You can use either or both speaker jacks. The amp can run at anywhere from 2 to 16 Ohms. It is rated 100 watts @ 4 Ohms and 80 watts @ 8 Ohms. Push the button in and you can run it at either 16 Ohms or 8 Ohms, out and you can run it at 2 or 4 Ohms. You don't have to switch (and can't) between 8 and 16 or 2 and 4 Ohms respectively. So if you want to crank it up with less volume run one 16 Ohm cab. For maximum volume and headroom you can run two 4 Ohm cabs and select the 2/4 Ohms setting. Hope this helps.

O'Doyle said:
Yes that one is sweet. Very similar to the original RG100ES--as good or better IMO. You can use either or both speaker jacks. The amp can run at anywhere from 2 to 16 Ohms. It is rated 100 watts @ 4 Ohms and 80 watts @ 8 Ohms. Push the button in and you can run it at either 16 Ohms or 8 Ohms, out and you can run it at 2 or 4 Ohms. You don't have to switch (and can't) between 8 and 16 or 2 and 4 Ohms respectively. So if you want to crank it up with less volume run one 16 Ohm cab. For maximum volume and headroom you can run two 4 Ohm cabs and select the 2/4 Ohms setting. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.

I will probably only be running 1 cab, so should it be 8 or 16 OHM?? Can I run an 8 OHM cab? They seem to be more common.

Oh hell yes. That's what I run, and it's LOUD!!! Just remember to push in the impedance selector button. It won't hurt your amp if you forget to--it just sounds better that way. Let us know how it works out...

O'Doyle said:
Oh hell yes. That's what I run, and it's LOUD!!! Just remember to push in the impedance selector button. It won't hurt your amp if you forget to--it just sounds better that way. Let us know how it works out...

Cool. I'm going to hunt for a used 212 8 OHM cab to hook this baby up!!

I just got ahold of a sweet rg200es, like the century, its the heaviest amp i have ever heard. I also have a question about the speaker cab inputs.
it has 2 8 ohm outs but says above those that 4 ohms = 120 watts,
My question is , can I run a pair of 4 ohm cabs from this amp.
THANKS!

Of course it's a great amp, I have one of those, mine is white (from factory) and I painted blue strips like a Ford Mustang (it came with a white cab too, painted also). I use it with an Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost as main distorsion and it sounds perfect (I play rock, not metal :twisted:). I think it's a great idea to use an external eq through the fx loop, I'm going to search for one soon. The problem with the ohms is easy to solve, just see the ohms indicated in the cab and push the button if necessary :wink: . Greetings from Chile!!!!! no earthquake will stop rock n' roll !!!!!!!.