Hilligan AFD modded SL+ CLIP for those interested..

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapo_Polenton

Reaction score
Unlike the Scott Ian modded modules that the owners are afraid to demo on tape due to their lack of skillz, I have no fear of sounding like **** so I did one quick take. mic was more or less center on the cone of a greenback angled slightly off axis. Epiphone with alnico II's, gain is about 3 pm so there is more on tap but this is the sweet spot for me.

The recording is noisy as i didn't have my decimator hooked up and i was sitting in front of the monitor but if you listen to the welcome to the jungle isolation track, SLASH's original tone is pretty noisy too. I added some verb and panned it slightly to the right to cop the AFD production of Slash's guitar. I didn't spend much time dialing in anything. This was boom, in and recorded. It might sound a bit thin but remember, that was the tone. If you listen to the isolation tracks you'll hear it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1191247

Enjoy!

Sounds close enough for me. That mod is awesome! Was good to hear all those G'n'R riffs with it.

Sounds pretty sweet. Great tunes for showing off what that module is all about. I like it. Thanks a ton for the clip!

Killer...
Definitely nails that GNR sound.
:twisted: :shock: :twisted: