Hilligan "The Appetite" (SL2X B side) Rocks too!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapo_Polenton

Reaction score
SO I got my Hilligan modded SL+ module back today and I have to say, I am a bit of a finicky tone snob and although I have only gotten to spend 10 minutes with it (I'm supposed to be teleworking today) , my first impressions are that he nailed it. This thing is just what i wanted. It isn't over the top gainy but it has just the right amount of gain on tap. With hot pickups you'll be cutting through the mix in true hair fashion all day long. I went straight to my alnico II equipped epiphone and I gotta say, to me this mod nails that AFD sound or as close as one can get to it given the limitations of the MTS power section. Finally some freakin treble!! The judge seems flat in comparison now and i have the treble at almost 3. 2 - 3 o clock on the AFD module and I am right where I need to be. Crunchy but organic. I know the alnico II's are a huge part of the sound but they just work soo well with this module. I love it. The Bass and mid are also very usable to me and not overly woofie. For everyone always trying to dial out the treble and mids, this is what made the AFD tone so awesome!Even the AFD100 gets complaints of being bright. That is the whole point. When the amp is balls out and you need to cut through, this does the trick. I think I'll be recording some new tunes this fall with this on one channel and my brahma on the other. Get that Izzy/Slash balnce vibe to my recordings.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the result and the turnaround time. I have been modding one of my own modules and in comparison, my work is a sloppy mess. Send your modules to professionals.

So now I need a custom faceplate. Marshall colours and inscribed with "The Appetite". It just needs it's own faceplate after sounding so good.

I have a soccer and hockey game tonight so I can't do clips but I think I can get some done wed. evening. Maybe a lil jam along with welcome to the jungle rythm track. My epiphone needs to be rewired as the pots are failing but i think i can squeeze out some tid bits for you guys.

Kapo_Polenton said:
So now I need a custom faceplate. Marshall colours and inscribed with "The Appetite". It just needs it's own faceplate after sounding so good.

If you find someone to make that face plate, PLEASE let me know.
I have a SL2X and would love to have a kewl Marshall look to it.

I Play G N' R songs in my cover band and this Module is perfect for it!!!

Sacredgroove I think does faceplates. Maybe we could get him to make two? I think just a plain Marshall faceplate with "The Appetite" written on it and maybe a top hat would be bad ***.