Holy crap! Both sides of the RT2/50 into one cab!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0jo

Reaction score
This is just insane!
I was screwing around with the idea for a while but never did it.
So now I tried running both sides into my stereo cab (upright 2x12) ... hot ****!

The mids are perfect, the lows are perfect .. the highs needed some retweaking but the overall tone is so much fuller and more refined, a lot of detail just jumps out now! :D
It seems to clean up the lows a lot too, not necessarily tighter, but more refined somehow.

If you have an RT2/50, try this!!

ps.
This is with TAD 6L6GCs and EHX 6CA7s, ymmv with other combo's ;)

Rebiased and ripped at the gig!!
**** this sounds awesome, can't wait until I can stick some brand new tubes in there and hear it roar :)

What brands do you have in there?

m0jo said:
Rebiased and ripped at the gig!!
**** this sounds awesome, can't wait until I can stick some brand new tubes in there and hear it roar :)

What brands do you have in there?

Hey,

Cool vids in the other thread BTW...! ...

I have TAD 6L6STRs and Svetlana Winged C EL34s in my RT2/50...Sound great together...

I use a RM100 with 34's and 6L6's into a 2X12 and a 1X12 at the same time. I used to stack the cabs so that is pretty close to what you are talking about. I split them now for more of a spread. Sounds pretty sweet to me.

On the rare occasions when I can use the "big rig," It's the Rm4-RT2/50
into 2 2x12 cabs with Vintage 30s and 2 4x10" cabs with Jensen alnico 10s.
I wired the cabs so the 2x12s can be 4 or 16 ohms each and the 4x10s can be 8 or 32 ohms.
Ruby 6L6s for the 10s and Ruby EL34s for the 12s.