hooking up a 2nd/3rd cab?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
Anybody know if I will have any issues doing the following? I have a cab that is 16 ohm mono, & 8 ohm stereo. I am thinking of picking up a Jackson cab which is 8 ohm mono. And I am thinking of plugging both cabs in, the Jackson in mono & the other in stereo. Am I missing something?

Hamner1 said:
Anybody know if I will have any issues doing the following? I have a cab that is 16 ohm mono, & 8 ohm stereo. I am thinking of picking up a Jackson cab which is 8 ohm mono. And I am thinking of plugging both cabs in, the Jackson in mono & the other in stereo. Am I missing something?

Should work
only using the stereo input in the 16ohm cab will make it use 2 speakers 16/2=8
though you're only gonna be using half a cab this way

I was actually thinking of having the mono cab hooked up to one of the speaker outs on channel 2 of the power amp & the stereo cab hooked up to both speaker outs on channel 1 of the power amp.

Wracking my brain over it, but even with the manual can't give a solid reply since it doesn't mention about impedance mismatch or uneven speaker setup

apparently here's your answer:
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1022732&sid=5ac0d948f208bd852504335036d14609#p1022732