How many modules do you own?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbause

Reaction score
Right now I have 3.
Recto, Blackface, XTC.

Blackface has some of the best cleans I've ever heard.
Honestly I'm so happy with that module, I have no urges to mod or even check out other clean modules.

But I find myself very interested at most of the other modules, AT LEAST to try out.

Modded interests me more than the stockers do, and the Sig modules all seem sweet for their own purpose.

How many modules do most of you have?
Just 2 or 3? 5? 10?

I'd never switch mid gig of course but I'd like a whole pallet available at home for practice and for recording as well (planning on buying an RM20 when that time comes again).

Edit:
I now have 5 Blackface, Recto(grail modded), 1086, SL+, & Modern
This will probably grow with Ultra XL, Ultra Lead, and KH-3 eventually as well as having all my current modules modded

At the height of my collection...probably 18..I've owned them all (including 3 or 4 pete modded ones) except the Deluxe, Brown, BMan and MHG

Right now, 14 I think:

Grail
Ultra
Mr Scary
Brahma
Super V
Modern
KH2
KH3
Ultra Lead

EG3/4
EG5
SL2
UXL
COD

Ones I probably should never have sold:

JTM - killer sounds between a Tweed and a Plexi...probably the best low/mid gain Marshall module IMO

Vx - two channels of Vox goodness...man, wish I didn't need the money at the time.

Wow nice.

On my shopping list for sure is a Pete Modded SL+.

And ones I want to try (and may have to buy to do so):
Ultra
Ultra XL
Modern
Grail
KH-3
Top Boost
Mr Scary

I'd like to hear all the egnater modules as well honestly.

Curently only have 4, with a 5th on the way hopefully soon.

Clean
Egnater Bassman single
Sl+
Ultra XL

I have a topboost in the works.

I had the plexi and KH 2, and wished I could of held onto all of them, I really liked both the plexi and Kh2.

Nice thing about modular, is that it won't break the bank to get them back at some point again.

Way too many! At one time I had almost all of the dual mods, but stuck with the single channel stuff. So over the last few years I have collected a few COUGH(about 48)COUGH mods or so. Most of the production Randall's (missing a few) - most of the Egnater single's, and a bunch of modded ones (both Pete and Dave Friedman mods). Currently I am only missing the blackface, a few of the KH mods, and for the Egnater ones I am missing the newer single COD and EG5, and two old (and probably custom so will be really tough to get) single EG1 and EG2 mods.

I should have started out my post with "Hi my name is Dave and I'm an addict"

Currently, 11. I have had as many as 14 at any given time though. Here's the current arsenal:

Randall modules with Pete Turley mods:

Clean
Deluxe
JTM
Plexi
SL+
Recto
XTC

Egnater Single Channel modules:

VX
EG3

Randall module that I have been modding on my own as a project:

Tweed

Four. At my high point I owned six. I sold XTC and 1086 and kept all I need for the moment.
Randall: Blackface and Brown
Egnater (single channel version): Erect and SL++
Considering getting Top Boost / Super V and possibly Mr Scary, but very content for the time being. SL++ and Erect are awesome modules.
Cheers

I have a feeling eventually I'm gonna get enough modules that I like that I'll end up buying myself an RM4.

Whats funny is I can't wait to get my Line 6 head back from repair

just so I can sell it to buy more modules for the Randall.

21 Randall, 5 Egnater
<I've got two Egnater M4's and a Randall RM100>

Randall
KH-2
SL+
Top Boost
Grail
Brahma
Brown
Deluxe
Blackface
Plexi
Ultra Lead
Mr. Scary
Recto/Treadplate
Tweed
UltraXL
Super V
XTC
Modern
JTM
Clean
Ultra

Egnater Dual Channel
EG5
EG 3/4
ERECT
TWIN
VX

All Randall modules have black faceplates (except the signature series modules)
To my knowledge, I'm only missing the KH1, KH3 and any oddballs that didn't really make normal production.

tonymustang302 said:
Jim, how do you like the E-rect module compared to the real deal? And, do you want to buy a KH3?

I find that the ERECT and the Grail are very similar if you want to compare Randall and Egnater.
As for if the Erect compares to a real Dual Recto tone....sure...
The problem with real Boogies is that typically no two sound identical...so I've had both good and bad ones...or maybe it was all in my head.
I'd choose my setup over any Boogie setup. It's just better.
The advantage that the modular stuff has over the real deal gear is that you have the flexibility of having several different tones on tap at any given time.

I'd love to have the KH1 and KH3 to complete my collection, but I'm going to be losing my job soon and making any more purchases than necessary just isn't in the cards right now.

Man, I have modules piled everywhere it seems.....

16 is the count:

5 Eggies,
1 Pete-modded,
5 signature mods,
5 Dave Friedman modded Randall mods.

I LOVE THEM ALL!

5 more Eggie modules are in the plans.

Somebody please get me a shrink....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

a few:

Egnater Duals:

VX
SL2
EG5
Erect
Bman (sold it)

Egnater singles:

VP-4-1
VP-4-2
VP-4-3
VP-4-4

Randalls:

Mr. Scary
Blackface (sold it)
XTC
Ultra XL

So, I guess I have 12 in the current stable.

TWO

Pete modded Randall Deluxe. I really like it.

I have a top boost that I am trying to sell, because I don't have the money right now to get it modded.

EG-5, Bassman, Deluxe, EG3/4, SL2...all dual channel.

For me the Bassman and EG5 cover a lot of ground.

Roscoe

2x1086, 1 Clean, 2 TopBoost, 1 Recto

one of the TopBoost and the Recto have been moded.