How to combinate an RM50Combo with an RM4!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpresidente99

Reaction score
Hello!!

I?m from Austria and my English isn`t very good but here is my problem.

I want to combine my Rm50combo with a RM4 to have 6 Channels. Is this possible.

If yes please give m a short and exact instruction what i need and how do i connect the things to have all the channels.

Greetz

You will need either a Switchblade or Axess GRX4 to be able to have access to all 6 channels at once.

Hello!!

I?m a newbie but thies axes thing isn`t availablein Austria. do you have any other suggestions. An how i connect it. Thanks.

Cheap and cheerful way (since I don't know how your switching is set up now):

1. Connect RM4 Pre or Post loop out to your Parallel FX loop Return of RM50
2. Put the FX loop control on max
3. Get an AB/Y box and connect to RM50 guitar in and RM4 guitar in

You have an extra step when switching from RM50 modules to RM4 (the A/B box) but it's cheap (all you need is 3 cables and an A/B box.)

Note : An A/B box takes your guitar in and has two outs A and B..you can switch between outputs A and B. There are also AB/Y boxes which have an added function that you can send a signal to both outputs (split it) but I don't think you'd want to drive an RM4 module and a MOD50 module at the same time due to potential phasing issues....it'd probably just sound bad :D

Can you give me an example for an a/bY Box. Do i have than access to all 6 channels.

Is there solve that i have one Board where i can tap all six channels like the g major or something else.

Thanks

There is also the GCX from Voodoo Labs.

Blending modules from the RM50 and RM4 can be done and depending on which modules you will either have tons of phasing or very little. I blend my Ultra and Recto and get massive phasing. I have to use an extra EQ for each module *just* to tame the phasing problems.

Thomas

If you read the first post, elpresidente99 has a RM4 AND a RM50. The Rm50 has 2 module slots and the RM4 has 4. Added together, that makes 6! Of course one would be playing through 1 module at a time, feeding into the power amp section of the RM50. Hope this helps! Pat L.

Oh, ok, my bad.

I'm contemplating an RM4 + the new 2 channel 50 watt Randall that does the El34's and the 6L6's

That's all I know about Randall as of yet. Know nothing about Randall. They get a bashing on another forum I'm on, so I'm over here reading to see what folks think of the products. I have a mesa 2:100 Power amp and a rectifier recording preamp. It has no midi and not too much varition to the tone, so I'm selling it and contemplating this setup.

Kevin

I'll only relate my experience. I'm playing guitar since 1964. Had a Marshall 100 watt stack. Fender Dual Showman Reverb I converted to Blackface specs AND built a switching system to use to Normal channel as a preamp for the Reverb channel. This amp also used KT66s ( Yeah, Gold Lion, wish I had them now!) and a separate heater transformer. This was in 1970. Then an Ampeg V4. Then a Seymour Duncan Convertible 100wt amp. All in the quest for "THE SOUND!" What the Randall system does is let you have it ALL! Please read the posts, listen to the clips, and if you get a chance to play the amp, Turn it up! It's a combination of modules, power amp and speakers together that do it. Hope this helps! Pat L.

JKD said:

You have an extra step when switching from RM50 modules to RM4 (the A/B box) but it's cheap (all you need is 3 cables and an A/B box.)

Note : An A/B box takes your guitar in and has two outs A and B..you can switch between outputs A and B. There are also AB/Y boxes which have an added function that you can send a signal to both outputs (split it) but I don't think you'd want to drive an RM4 module and a MOD50 module at the same time due to potential phasing issues....it'd probably just sound bad :D

Will my reverb work after I do this?
Thanks

SpooN said:
JKD said:

Will my reverb work after I do this?
Thanks

Honestly never tried it (the cables aren't long enough)...

Hope this works for you.
--Loop 2 switches between amps. Whenever loops 2-4 are on, the RM4 is active and vice versa for the RM50.
--If you don't want the G-Major on at any time then leave loops 3, 4 off.
--Set the G-Major to KillDry when using the parallel loops.

Do you have the Ground Control Pro or the original?

ElPresidente.jpg