I just put in 6v6!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpresidente99

Reaction score
Hello!!

Todaymy new jj 6v6 are arrived. I put it in and i love it Master at 12 o clock and it sounds great i love it. First there was the 6550 but i think they to harsh the jj 6v6 gave the amp a very warmth and creamy tone.

LG

6v6s are awesome! I had them almost exclusively in my RM50 combo. They provide all the detail but are a lot easier to get in a sweet spot compared to 6L6s. Right now I pulled two el34s from my new RM100 but I am going to go to 6v6s as soon as I can so I'll be joining you again!

I used 6V6's in my RM50 and now in my Mod50, love those tubes.

Is there a difference between 6v6 and 6L6?

I don't understand you guys and tubes. I can't even tell any difference between the 6L6's and the EL34's in my RM2/50

Kevin

unconventional said:
Is there a difference between 6v6 and 6L6?

I don't understand you guys and tubes. I can't even tell any difference between the 6L6's and the EL34's in my RM2/50

Kevin

Really? :shock:

Yeah, really. I'm beginning to think my unit is messed up or something. I don't think there is any difference in tone of any power tube. I think it's a bunch of bullshit

unconventional said:
Yeah, really. I'm beginning to think my unit is messed up or something. I don't think there is any difference in tone of any power tube. I think it's a bunch of bullshit
I've got 6L6GCs and E34Ls in my rRT and the diff is big,not in just sound but feel.I run it threw a stereo 412 so each side runs to the exact same speakers .Ya maybe somethings wrong......

hell if I know. How loud are you guys listening to this? Should your ears be hurting after a few minutes? :lol:

I have tons of friends that play guitar but none have any concept of a real guitar rig so I have not much to compare my setup to.

unconventional said:
hell if I know. How loud are you guys listening to this? Should your ears be hurting after a few minutes? :lol:

I have tons of friends that play guitar but none have any concept of a real guitar rig so I have not much to compare my setup to.
LOL,I play pretty loud when I can.Ya I've got some friends like that but when they hear this stuff they WON'T LEAVE!!!!

EL34s seem to be a bit more snappy in my opinion. 6L6s more smooth and pretty and round and not so much hair and edge... but I mean you can make EL34s sound pretty and 6L6s sound huge but the little differences I really do think come out when everything is CRANKED!!! Gosh, I dont think I play too loud though. my ears hurt sometimes but thats usually not my goal haha