I need a change.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moe.

Reaction score
I need a change of tone.

Right now I have the blackface, Recto, Plexi, and XTC modules. And I just feel that I need a change.

I'm looking for a clean module with a bit of twang. For some reason my Blackface module is so rounded and full sounding that it loses it's twang.

I'd like a rhythm tone close to Bullet for my valentines. Think four words to choke upon to get my drift.
I was thinking about getting an SL+, I know Pete can mod these to jcm800 specs. But do you think he can mod them to jcm900 specs? Would there be other modules that do BFMV's tone better?

And I'd like a lead module that screams. Not literally. But just something nice and full sounding, which doesn't get too harsh at higher volumes.

So if you guys have any modules/mods which can get me somewhere close to what I listed, do say so.

:wink:

I'd look into the Ultra XL. It's my favorite for drop tuned, aggressive rhythm tones. I also really like it for leads. I'm sure it would be a change from the rest of the modules you currently own.

the xl is good choice but it sounds like you want a kh-2 and 3 for sure and maybe a kh-1 or deluxe?

I'm looking for a clean module with a bit of twang. For some reason my Blackface module is so rounded and full sounding that it loses it's twang.
The Deluxe is BFace with Twang

But do you think he can mod them to jcm900 specs? Would there be other modules that do BFMV's tone better?
After Pete's mod, the switch can go to 800 or stock- but the stock is an improvement with clarity and warmth...seeems to me to sound an awful lot like my JCM2000, which is close to a JCM900. Truth be told, I'm always in the 800 position, it sounds wonderful

And I'd like a lead module that screams. Not literally. But just something nice and full sounding, which doesn't get too harsh at higher volumes.
I think the Pete 800 mod on the SL+ is a cool solo tone, but the Orange mod on the Recto is beautiful. Pete's new xtc mod is more edgy than the Orange recto, with seemingly infinite sustain- perfect for a lead module.
The KH3 actually has some Orange Recto qualities when you dial up the mids, and may be the best stock module I've played, never tried any ultras though.

Good Luck

crankyrayhanky said:
The Deluxe is BFace with Twang

After Pete's mod, the switch can go to 800 or stock- but the stock is an improvement with clarity and warmth...seeems to me to sound an awful lot like my JCM2000, which is close to a JCM900. Truth be told, I'm always in the 800 position, it sounds wonderful

I think the Pete 800 mod on the SL+ is a cool solo tone, but the Orange mod on the Recto is beautiful. Pete's new xtc mod is more edgy than the Orange recto, with seemingly infinite sustain- perfect for a lead module.
The KH3 actually has some Orange Recto qualities when you dial up the mids, and may be the best stock module I've played, never tried any ultras though.

Good Luck

Cheers man.
As much as I would love to have some KH modules, they don't appeal to me that much. I might get the KH1 though as I've heard it's better with active pick ups. It seems to have a fair bit of twang as well.

I might look into buying a new head completely actually. Then A/Bing my two heads. Get the KH-1/3 and the Ultra XL in one head, and the SL+, Deluxe, and Modded XTC or Recto in the other.

Ultra XL can do nice rythm and singing lead, its one of my favorites and I don't even desire to mod it.

I have a DF modded SL+, that is fantastic as well.

so far I have found tonal bliss in DF modded topboost, DF modded sL+, egnater Bassman, and Ultra XL

You know, for a spanky clean, I liked the randall clean module, it was nice for some stuff, I wouldn't overlook that either.

If you're looking for something with twang, I'd go for a Tweed module. It can cover quite a bit of ground.

audioholic said:
Ultra XL can do nice rythm and singing lead, its one of my favorites and I don't even desire to mod it.

I have a DF modded SL+, that is fantastic as well.

so far I have found tonal bliss in DF modded topboost, DF modded sL+, egnater Bassman, and Ultra XL

You know, for a spanky clean, I liked the randall clean module, it was nice for some stuff, I wouldn't overlook that either.

Thanks for the input man.