I NEED HELP setting up a RANDALL 100 ES

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xodus

Reaction score
I just got a RANDAL 100 ES
Its an OLD model, with GREY CARPET covering.

I am real confused with the specs on this thing, and how to run it thru my marshall cab bottom.

Whats the best sounding SAFE way to get the most out of this head WHILE running it thru my MARSHALL 1960 angeled bottom cab?

here are pics of the head....I don't even know how many watts this thing gives off.....theres a confusing different amount of numbers on the back

7f9c_1_sbl.JPG

8214_1_sbl.JPG

834f_1_sbl.JPG

8851_1_sbl.JPG

also which input is the best to plug into???? HI+6db I assume right?

hey dude! i have the same amp- i run it into a crate blue voodoo cab- i run both out puts to the two inputs on the cab- i always plug into the high input for a little extra kick! I dont know what kind of music you play but i love my amp for my style- only difference is i dont have carpet on mine- though ive seen that same one as yours at a few shops-

COOL.
I mostly play METAL-

I figured I should plug into the hi+6DB input.

It makes sense to run both outputs to the 2 inputs on the amp....
but my question is what should I set the marshall cab to
and is it SAFE to run it this way???? ( it says use 1 input only)
Heres a pic of the cab if it helps-
64b3_1.JPG

OK, I took your advice and switched my cab to STEREO mode, and ran a cable from both amp outputs - one to the left input of the cab, and one to the right input.

IT WORKS.

....BUT now when I get the volume loud it will suddenly JUMP low, and it won't go back up loud......its like someone is turning the volume lower out of no where.

Anyone know why this would happen???
I may need to have this head checked out.
HAS anyone ever had this happen to their head before?

i had the same problem with my amp a couple years back- i took it apart and put it back together a few times- i never did anything but the problem went away- i have removed the reverb spring box cuz it rattles like crazy playing loud- if you have the dough u should take it to an amp doctor- a beast that old could use some love anyways- but if you play metal and are anything like me- u are broke as a joke- one question- do you have the footswitch connected? i dont use mine now because the connection has gotten faulty and it will activate and deactivate the channel that should be off- which could cause a volume boost? rock on bro!

HAHAHA, I guess you know us fellow metal players well. Money is always an issue.

But, I am going to bring this in to my anp tech, and hopefully he can clean it up, and stop the VOL problem from happening.

as for the FOOTSWITCH, it didn't come w/the amp.
I'd like to get 1, but I hear they are hard to come by.
I may have my TECH make a custom one if he can.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO AND HELP!!!!!!!!!!
I'll keep you posted on the amp as I fix it within the next month 8)

I got it fixed.
It didn't need much, ...just a cleanup and some little re-soldering

its working GREAT NOW!
And yes, both outputs to both inputs on my CAB, with the cab set to stereo is the perfect way to go!

THANKS!