I'm back!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
Ok so in my quest for trying out different heads I've come full circle. Started out with an RM100 when they first came out but you know how gas is....you start reading the forums and then begin questioning your rig to try out different amps. I sold the RM to get a Mesa Dual Rec and wasn't totally happy with it so I sold that and had a Splawn Pro Stock built. Again, a very nice amp but not exactly what I was looking for so I ended up selling that and getting a 6505. I pretty much loved everything about the Peavey except for the fact that it wasn't versitile. It does a couple of tones really well and even though it was designed by EVH it really shines at extreme metal tones.

At this point I starting thinking back to the beginning and the Randall MTS being that I am so familiar with it. I just had the opportunity to trade my head and cab plus a guitar for a Lynch Box head and cab which I did over the weekend. Came with the SL+, Mr. Scary, and 1086 modules. Got her home, corrected the bias settings, and performed a cap mod to get the low end a bit tighter on the SL+ and I have to say that I am very happy to have this setup back. While the 6505 has a great metal tone to it I just noticed after getting the RM back that the MTS is way more articulate. Notes ring out crystal clear while still having enough gain to play pretty much any kind of metal.

I was kinda skeptical at first because I don't usually like to buy an artist's product with their name all over it but this really is a great looking amp with the green alligator tolex and gold piping plus the Lynch Box badges are really cool. Now that I have it I'm glad I got it over the regular Black RM100 that I had before. Anyway guys...enough babbling, on to the pics!!!

112_1285.jpg

112_1286.jpg

Nice! Same rig I got. I too sold my Original Lynch box and was tone searching....Splawn, Mesa, Modded Marshalls Metaltronix....etc...but knew after I sold the Lynch box that I MADE A MISTAKE and re-bought another and have been Happy ever since. But this time I knew what modules I wanted and have them all modded out to the max. Rig is just KILLER......
They all come back.....RANDALL RULES!! :D

I'm so jealous...especially that you have the matching cab...killer rig :twisted:

Thanks guys. Yeah...the cab is pretty cool. I've always used Vintage 30's so I was worried how I was gonna like the Lynch Eminence speakers but they are pretty kick@ss and I think I actually prefer them over the V30's. They have a much better mid section and they handle the low end nicely.