Judge & Jury mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words Ulf - glad you are enjoying it! If I was setup to do clips I would but unfortunately I am not setup for that yet. Feel free to post some clips if you have the setup - would love to hear you riffing on it :).

Also forgot to update original posting but J&J mod also comes with a bi-color LED for Fire switch (green stock/red added gain stage).

Snapped a pic of Ulf's #1 before I shipped it, will post that in next day unless he beats me to it.

After a few weeks with module, I have to say: This is a great mod.
I takes the GTO/Judge to the next level.
It delivers great mid and higher gain sound and a lot of flexibility. Professional service, communication. The mod has been carried out nicely and the faceplate is a joy.

I picked up Fig's Judge and Jury, which I believe may have been one of the Prototypes and I have to say the new options make this a fun module to play around with.

The added gain stage is a must-have feature for me... the 'low gain' side seems to be a little lower than what I remember on my original GTO/Judge....so my favourite feature is certainly the fire.

The GRIP is great, even in the fullest bass setting, it is tuned really well..not getting overly bass heavy like many seem to go for.

Tonewise..I've founds a couple of sweet spots so far...it reminds me of somewhere in-between a splawn, cameron and soldano..cutting and grinding in the mids as needed.

The 'dark side' of the original GTO switch is still darn but I think a little more open.

The best part about the added options and even higher gain...it really isn't very noisy at all compared to my SLOdano and Camerock (although both are higher gain than Judge/Jury of course.)

JKD said:
I picked up Fig's Judge and Jury, which I believe may have been one of the Prototypes and I have to say the new options make this a fun module to play around with.

The added gain stage is a must-have feature for me... the 'low gain' side seems to be a little lower than what I remember on my original GTO/Judge....so my favourite feature is certainly the fire.

The GRIP is great, even in the fullest bass setting, it is tuned really well..not getting overly bass heavy like many seem to go for.

Tonewise..I've founds a couple of sweet spots so far...it reminds me of somewhere in-between a splawn, cameron and soldano..cutting and grinding in the mids as needed.

The 'dark side' of the original GTO switch is still darn but I think a little more open.

The best part about the added options and even higher gain...it really isn't very noisy at all compared to my SLOdano and Camerock (although both are higher gain than Judge/Jury of course.)

Thanks for the great review JKD and glad you are enjoying it. I did quite a few revisions to tame the noise and make it as clear as I could without jeopardizing the tone and am happy with the results and glad you are too. Very cool compliment on being in between Splawn, Cameron and Soldano - thanks much appreciated! Wanted this to stand out from most Marshall based mods and so far it is :)

#3 should be heading out soon (had a delay on parts order unfortunately) - so will post pics of that once it's going out the door. I wish I was setup for clips to share with community but I'm not - feel free to throw some clips together JKD, not sure if Fig was able to or not.

NOTE: Special Holiday offer: Save 20% off a Judge and Jury mod through Jan. 1st and 30% if mod work is prepaid. If you have a Judge sitting around and looking to upgrade shoot me a PM thanks again Ulf, Fig and JKD for the cool reviews on my work...much appreciated fellas!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Not setup for clips unfortunately or I would :(

Want to wish everyone here on the forum a Merry Christmas to yourself and your families, hope you guys have a safe and fun holiday. Be safe and enjoy your time together with loved ones.

One more day on sale price - once ball drops in Big Apple sale ends :)

Be safe tomorrow night everyone and hope you have a great New Year!

Only two are out there so far and 3 are going to be joining them soon once my parts get here. First one I know owner is not setup for recording and 2nd one is in new hands and not sure if they are setup for recording.

All I can say is don't know if you'll ever find a deal like this in future on a new modded module, 4 switches, bi color LED mod for under $100 plus shipping if prepaid.

That's the thing, I think there is a lot of hesitation because of lack of clips vs. the top dogs that have websites and clips etc... Did Fig not make a few soundclips when he had one?

I lack both the guitar skills and recording skills to do any module justice but I can't imagine anyone regretting their purchase of this...unless perhaps they own 2 or 3 modded marshall modules already...even then the wide range of tones might have you keeping the J&J.

I would have jumped on this, except....no GTO to sacrifice! But as soon as I come up with a donor I'll give it a whirl