Just picked up a Revision F Dual Recto

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayd41

Reaction score
I went to my local Guitar Center this week to return a RM100c that I bought online but was faulty when I got it.
So I walked in and staring me in the face was a chrome chassis, small logo, 2 channel dual rectifier. Naturally I immediately checked the serial number... R-0016**!!! Obviously a Revision F board. So I pull the tube protector bar and a couple power tubes to look at the output transformer. Sure enough... a Schumacher Mk IV output transformer...

I couldn't go home and grab my Vetta II combo quick enough.
Needless to say, I got all the trade credit I could have hoped for and then some, and I am now the proud owner of a Rev. F Dual Rectifier!

It has some horrible sovtek power tubes in it right now so I will get some new tubes ordered asap... I already put in Mesa rectifier tubes and retubed the preamp and it is already picking up steam. I think with fresh power tubes this thing will breath fire.

I am excited :twisted:

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

crankyrayhanky said:
NICE...I've been eyeballing an early 90s Rev F in my city- how do you like it?

It is awesome!

It doesn't have all the mojo of my Rev. G Tremoverb... but like I mentioned, the power tubes in this dual rec are HIGHLY suspect. It improved just by swapping a couple preamp tubes and pulling the ruby rectifier tubes for some Mesas.

It is definitely brighter than my Tremo and more aggressive...

If you can get that Rev. F for a good price... I wouldn't let it get away. Especially if the output transformer is the MKIII or MKIV version, supposedly that makes them the nuts.

Nice amp - I love the two channel Rectos - zero in the clean channel department but fire breathing monsters when it come to gain ;-)

I?ve got recto 187, and it is a beast!!!