Krank Rev JR

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
IMG_0185-1.jpg

So I just picked up a used (great Condition) Krank Rev Jr. 20w head.
This thing flat out ROCKS!
I EQ it completely different than any other amp or MTS stuff I have, but it took about 5 min. and I was blown away.
Im a metal guy, and the clean is pretty **** good.
Can get a sup'ed up plexi type tone to a badass high gain tone, great for heavy fast rhythm or lead.

The guy I scored it from put fresh JJ 6v6s for power tubes, and ecc83s for preamps, and man it breathes fire. Has a great tight low-end, and piano like top end. Im in love for this being only 20lbs.
I plugged it in to my 2 smaller cabs with v30's and a swamp thang at the same time and couldnt stop playing.

Anyone else got any krank love?
I went off a whim due to the fact I got it for just over 2 bills. Best $220 Ive spent on a head.
:shock:

I was about to say you should've gotten the Pro, but for that cheap I can't blame you.

I've always wanted to try one, though now it'll be the JF or Salvo module.

Almost pulled the trigger on the pro version, until I saw this on eBay, and snagged it for the cheap :). And was retubed with JJ. Great for metal tubes. This rev jr sounds diff than the JF stein I had. Different amps.

I looked at these little amps hard when I was looking into great lunchbox amps! Came very close to getting one just before I found my first RM20. Great score. Thanks for sharing but now I have this big itch to scratch. Thanks Brandon! :evil: :wink:

BigBrewtus said:
I looked at these little amps hard when I was looking into great lunchbox amps! Came very close to getting one just before I found my first RM20. Great score. Thanks for sharing but now I have this big itch to scratch. Thanks Brandon! :evil: :wink:

Josh, this amp kills any low wattage amp I've ever played. Prob due to the fact you can put 5881/6l6/6v6 in it, and very versatile. I just can't get the low end I need out of my rm20 for metal due to the el84's. This rev jr does it for me, for under 20lb. It's a no brainer! I figured I'd buy it and it would be a quick flip for the price I got it, if i didnt mesh with it. But this thing has a permanent residence at "The White House". (Lol because my last name is White). I heard they can be harsh and what not with stock tubes, so the darkness of the jj pre's gave it great balance I'm sure. Im rockin it every chance I get right now :) Its perfect for the stuff I write and play when I don't wanna fire up the rack or 100w head.