Larrivee Voodoo Custom Graphic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
I started off with a sanded down Larrivee Voodoo model offset V... similar to a Jackson RR V.

HPIM2257.jpg

I took on the project myself at first and got base primer and top coat applied and wet sanded with 600 grit.

HPIM2523.jpg

Then after some discussion with Paul at NYE CUSTOM ARTWORKS I decided to hand the project over to someone with some skill... LOL

New Base Primer

IMG_0233.jpg

After color primer and top coat... we did one body sculp change which was the addition of a 45 defgree bevel on the top bout edge. This was done before the base primer went on.

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Paul taking his first few strokes.

IMG_0252.jpg

A galaxy is forming.

IMG_0253.jpg

A planet is born.

IMG_0257.jpg

Clear coat applied and photographed before any sanding.

IMG_0259.jpg

I have a white EMG 81 to install...

we did dome mock ups today and decided that the white pickup with a white ring looked killer...

we were all ready to mask, stencil and spray and did the ring and stopped there. Nice thing is if I decide to I can still get it done or I can get a black 81 and go from there. The advantage is the EMG's have a terminal connector on the pup side so swapping out pups is relatively easy and solder free.

I have white gibson-like seethru nobs.... and a chrome Kahler with all chrome hardware.

Craig that is SWEEEET!
I had a old Kramer Voyager with a TWILIGHT ZONE graphic that reminded me of your V. Kick *** guitar!! :D

I'm talking with the luthier from Chicago Guitar and Amp repair on making a custom guitar for me. I can't wait. I'll def get you all the pictures when i start it.

Tony H.

Mailman... cool Twilight Zone thats a killer theme.

Tonymustang... have never fone the full on custom job but when everything is right the results should be stellar... it would be nice to have input right from the word go.

The Guitar is done. Polished and buffed it today and started installing hardware and electronics. Looks great... we had it outside in mid day sun and it really looks killer.

Photos will be soon to follow... once the install and set up is complete.