Lexicon and the LOOP

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Im using a lexicon MX200 or whatever, I have run it in the Series loop and it eats my tone, i cant get the unity gain to match up, then in the parallell loop if i turn the mix up on the RM100 it colors my tone and turning it down all my effects wash out iun the sound.

What am i doing wrong. I have the levels all the way up on the unit for the parallell and i have them acordingly when in the series. HELP please.

Could it be my cables. Im using the purple radio shack TRS cables?

I had a MX300 that I used briefly with my RM100, I thought the effects sounded really great. I don't remember it coloring my sound, from what I recall it was pretty transparent but I had some issues with it

1. when switching channels it had a split second drop out which I couldn't deal with. ( I think this is a more STUDIO/PA type of unit that's not really designed for guitar)

2. it seamed like It was always being overdriven in the loop of the amp (I think the loop in the RM100 is very picky as to what it likes and dislikes

If you run it in the loop that is controlled by the Effects knob it works but you cant really utilize the vibroto type of effects, I also didn't like the sound of the effects when it was in that loop.

I sold mine and got a Rocktron Multivalve

I guess thats what i mean by coloring my tone, It overdrives the sound a bit. In the Parallell loop i cant get enough volume out of it, if i turn the Knob up past like 4 oclock it just turns to mud, and in the series loop it just sounds overdriven and i cant get unity gain from it, its like if i pull the send cable out the volume jumps up (way up) and back in agin its like a blanket over the amp.

GRRRR.

I had an MPX 500 and every single thing you have complained about was the exact same list that led to me selling it. Used to get by with my Marshall JMP-1 years ago but no chance with the Randall rigs.

Sold it off, now use a Rocktron Xpression and not a single complaint.

Well 2 of you have recomended Rocktron i think ill give a look.

So the Xpression gives you no tonal stealing, it has good effects and works in stero and in the parallel?????

What about the Multivalve mentioned above, any real significant differences?

BTW Thanks for the posts.

Both are basically the same unit. The main difference is The expression is newer and doesn't have the tube and channel switch feature. Also note the multivalve is no longer in production. The replifex has the channel switch feature but no tube, also not in production anymore.

You can get a used multivalve for around $200-250
I was going to get the xpression but I saw the multivalve pop up on ebay so I went that direction. (I wanted to get something with a channel switcher built into it just in case I switched amps which I also ended up doing so im glad I went with the multivalve)

You will be fine with either unit.