(Likely a dumb question) Pls explain the reverb in the RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrxplayer

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a used RM50 and I'm a little confused. Randall website says the amp has an Accutronics Spring Reverb yet the manual only mentions reverb in the contact of FX loops. I'm used to a reverb knob and there's none.

How does one engage the Accutronics Spring Reverb that I think is built into the amp?

Thanks.

it is in fact plugged in. no reverb. when i have time later i'll remove the back and see if i can find any issues on the tank end. will also reseat tubes. any suggestions here appreciated as to fixing the problem.

You don't have to remove the back. There are THREE connections to the reverb pan in the RM50. Two are the send and return cables with phone plugs and the third which is a power connector plug that plugs into the chassis near the preamp and loops 12ax7 tubes.
The reverb pan also has a circuit board attached to it that has the entire reverb circuit on it.
This is often overlooked, especially when the amp has been shipped.
The power plug falls out.

Thanks, KC. I did have to remove the back but your diagnosis was spot on. The plug was not connected from the tank to the chassis. All is good.

Now if I could only find a nice deal on a used marshall - esqu module to complement my DLux...