Line 6 M13 hook-up

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walshinator666

Reaction score
I see some of you use the m13 for effects.I've had one for well over a year and can't seem to get the effects to sound loud enough(can just barely hear them if at all).Just wondering how you guys have it hooked up.I also can't make use of the midi in the m13.Any suggestions diagrams or video would be appriciated

I'm actually about ready to pull the trigger on one of these. Curious to hear about anyone else using one of these guys with an RM100.

An amp tech told me that the loops in 1(I forget which one)are instrument loops and the other is line level loop.A bunch of amp talk later,what I took from it was that the two don't jibe together.I put it on the shelf but now i'm getting into another band and would like to reopen the m13.

I sent this earlier this week via email, but upon checking my Junk Mail box I found a message that it failed delivery. Here is my reply:

Here is my signal flow/setup for the M13 regardless of the amp I use it with (which is several):

Guitar > M13 Input > FX Send > Amp Input > Amp FX Send > M13 FX Return > M13 Output > Amp FX Return

This setup allows me to use FX row 1 in front of the amp and the other 3 in the loop.

I don't use any of the MIDI functionality, I literally treat it as a stomp box pedal board and step on what I need like a bunch of pedals. Any switching for the amp is done via the amps dedicated switch. I really don't use any MIDI these days unless the amp pedal uses it (like the RM100). I am not even aware of what MIDI capability the M13 has honestly, as I never use it. I'd probably look to the Line 6 support forums for help on that.

Hope that helps,
Rob

When I did check their page on the m13 it talked more about the capabilities more than how it hooks up and specs.It didnt say anything for modular amps(if different from any other type amps)Any insite on the different type loops(as I mentioned before)might mean?Thanks on the diagram Jaded,i'm gonna check it out.Talk to you soon.

walshinator666 said:
When I did check their page on the m13 it talked more about the capabilities more than how it hooks up and specs.It didnt say anything for modular amps(if different from any other type amps)Any insite on the different type loops(as I mentioned before)might mean?Thanks on the diagram Jaded,i'm gonna check it out.Talk to you soon.

Not a problem. MTS amps are no different (except for the hot loops with no way to switch them to pedal level internally) than any other amp when it comes to hooking the M13 up. I prefer using the Series Loop with mine.

If you have the PDF M13 manual, they give detailed hook-up instructions on page 9 under the section titled "Send/Return Jacks for External Effects or Amps"

I actually had a typo in the signal flow I initially provided. I use the second illustration on that page with FX1 in front of the amp and FX 2-4 in the series loop.

They do note the send/return to be at instrument level, but I have never had any notable issues with levels and clipping with it and any of my MTS gear.

Well that seemed easy enough.I found where you said in the manual,hooked it up and it seemed to work,but sounded really muddy.For the hell of it I put it in the parallel loop and sounds much better.Now I just have to find a sound that I like,so thank you for all your help,problem solved...?

Just had band practice and I brought the m13.Setting it up in the fashion of the diagram in the manual worked fine eveything is in order,like I said just gotta fine some settings and I should be good to go.