Look what UPS dropped off today...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayd41

Reaction score
Came home on lunch, on a hunch that I might have a package waiting for me.

Sure enough, MusicGoRound shipped me this :)

photo2.jpg

No it didn't come with those modules, but it did come with a clean mod!

Now I have a great place to store my modules and an easier way to a/b different mods.
This thing is really deep... it barely fits on my oversized Randall cab...
It looks like it probably takes up 8 rack spaces so maybe I'll just get a rack case for it.

Either way, I'm stoked, either tonight or tomorrow I hope to put some NOS winged C 6550s in it 8)
Looks like I'll need a big midi footswitch sometime in the near future.

Who else has one of these monsters?

Nice score bud - I have one I got awhile back and it happened to be from a musicgoround as well :)

Thanks!

One thing I noticed playing through it tonight... (and you guys with RM4s know this I'm sure) these modules really do have their own VERY different voicings.
Coming from an RM50 where I could only load two modules at any given time, I knew they were all unique, but I thought they were all more similar than they are. Being able to flip through 12 modules without powering the amp off and back on has really proven how different they all are. It makes me even more thrilled to have found out about this amazing amplification solution :lol:

I just bought a new one from Funky, it should be here today....I can't wait for all my JF mods to show up so I can load it up! How exactly does the switching thing work?

I haven't played with the footswitch yet so I'm not sure. The front panel button just scrolls 1-12.
One pleasant surprise I found was that there are individual bias pots for each power tube unlike my RM50 which just has one bias pot for both tubes.

I took ownership of one last week direct from US Music, along with a RM50 Combo and RM100KH. It's fantastic and exactly what I needed for the workbench in the shop. I have owned the entire line at least once and had 3-4 MTS amps at a time several times.

After having only the dual M4 and RT 2/50 here for the past year, I totally forgot about how different these amps can and do sound from each other. I am quite pleased to have several options for when the band gets back playing out later this year.

speed2dirt said:
How heavy are these? Are they primarily for home/studio use or are some of you taking them to gigs?

Mine was intended strictly for home use, as I don't gig on guitar anymore. But I see no reason why you couldn't gig with one if you put it in a decent rack. It can't be any heavier then your average 100 watt tube head, my RM100 weighs a ton, and I know a few people who cart them around all the time.