looking for acdc sound

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walshinator666

Reaction score
hey everyone,i'm looking for a good acdc type tone.I've got a blackface,super v,xtc,and an 1086.I'm playing through a rm4 and rt2/50 just wondering if anyone has some good settings,posssibly any suggestions as to other mods that can deliver an acdc type tone.

Plexi or SL module. Start with gain at noon and B = 10, M=2, T=2 Then season to taste.

JKD said:
JTM module is AC/DC in a can.
True

but out of the mods you have, that Super V won't have enough low end IMO. The 1086 on the more mids setting and lower gain may be your best bet, but the bass response on the 1086 is modern tight, whereas JTM tones need more low end flub to bring the power on low gain settings

I assume you have a Gibson? That is the foundation no doubt

No gibson,i've got a jackson and ibanez i'm just looking for acdcish or led zeppelin,aerosmithish type most stuff I have is higher gain.

that's 3 Gibson based bands, but you can create your own variation on that style with what you have...maybe the xtc with gain at 11 oclock?

crankyrayhanky said:
JKD said:
JTM module is AC/DC in a can.
True

but out of the mods you have, that Super V won't have enough low end IMO. The 1086 on the more mids setting and lower gain may be your best bet, but the bass response on the 1086 is modern tight, whereas JTM tones need more low end flub to bring the power on low gain settings

I assume you have a Gibson? That is the foundation no doubt

Hm, somehow I can't picture AC/DC's guitarsound from the JTM's or 1959's as 'powerfull low end',... if any

ACDC requires some low end, and the Super V just doesn't have any power; lots of cool chime and friendly crunch, but ACDC delivers more power

is'nt a Gretch the foundation of all AC/DC music ???

I got a good feeling that if a guy was to put a gretch say Malcom Young signature guitar through the Brahma with the bass and density up and the presance and treble tweeked you would get a very good AC/DC tone.

As for the Angus portion... see SG through Brahma with eq tweeks to suit that tone... less bass more bite.

I don't know you guys said before that the sl+ was a marshally mod,maybe that or top boost?Before I bought my gear I tryed a 50 watt with a top boost in it and thought it sounded acdc.My band plays hard rock stuff the only sound I haven't got down are the lower gainy bands like the before mentioned bands.

How can you sample all these mods. Just hearin' it online doesn't do it for me. I guess you just take the plunge and hope for the best. It seems most if not all people are happy w/ their mods.

First - posting like that is a quick way to get the boot.

Most of the signature riffs are Malcome which are the Gretsche with the melotron pups.

Most of the signature riffs are Malcome which are the Gretsche with the melotron pups.

Thats what I was getting at earlier... there are some great stock modules to be had... I'm thinking Brahma fo AC/DC.