Lynch Box Live tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
I got some videos up on youtube from last weeks gig. Private function out doors.
I was using my PRS and the Lynch Box with a BBE Green Screamer and a Crybaby Wah From Hell amongst other BBE, Boss, and DOD FX.

Search Sonic Diplomat on youtube or follow this link...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sonic+diplomat&search_type=&aq=f

SonicDiplomat is also on Facebook and on the Web.

http://guitarfromthegreengoo.com/sonicdiplomat/

I thought i sounded really good to be honest. Your singer covers Kurt Cobain very well!

I thought that after watching all the videos you might have needed to turn the bass up a little, it felt a little sterile. But that also may have just been the video camera.

Overall, Very impressive! :D

We had the crowd telling us what we needed and you can see me adjusting on the fly. We used my PA system that is usually found in my rehearsal space. The second set ( see Tush ) had better levels. The amp was not miced and this video was taken with my Canon G10. Not bad for a camera of that quality atleast... then there is the youtube effect.

Thanks
Craig

Were you running your effects out front, or through the loops? If you run them out front, do you have your FX Level on the amp up? If not, try that out, it adds some killer beef to the tone of the MTS :) Otherwise you sounded great! I do agree that you could have used some more bass, but that well could have been the FX knob that needed cranking.

The FX volume nob works even if you go into the front end???

Never tried that? Generally it's off. The tone is brighter from the camera mic but more so from youtube ( I believe ). I know for sure that my tone in gerneral has much more bass I have the depth nob at about 3 o'clock and the bass on the Brahma on max. The brahma is a bright preamp though. I also use the tone on the BBE GS to tame the top end of the Brahma a bit and thicken up the mids.

Cheers
Craig

Yeah it is true, it could have been youtubes compression. That is a pain in the *** when comparing tones and what not.

khingpynn said:
The FX volume nob works even if you go into the front end???

Never tried that? Generally it's off. The tone is brighter from the camera mic but more so from youtube ( I believe ). I know for sure that my tone in gerneral has much more bass I have the depth nob at about 3 o'clock and the bass on the Brahma on max. The brahma is a bright preamp though. I also use the tone on the BBE GS to tame the top end of the Brahma a bit and thicken up the mids.

Cheers
Craig
Yeah, I always have the FX knob all the way up. It thickens the tone quite a bit. Although, I use no effects at all, so I can utilize this little function.

What? The Effects knob works even with nothing in the FX loop?????

How does it do that? What does it do?

sounds good Craig, some cool blues licks on Tush. Now I gotta try that Effect knob, that's interesting.

if it is a tube driven effects loop . it may be adding some more warmth to the signal and extra tube stage ???

not really sure just guessing

it definetly works and for the better. What I hear is a warmer tone not necassarily more drive but more girth and warmth... thanks for that tip... my FX loop nob in now on max!

Just for shits and giggles I tried the Effects knob at zero and up at 3:00 to all the way. Maybe my ears are crap by now, but I can tell absolutely no difference in tone with nothing in the loop. You guys really need to have someone turn the knob while you're playing with your back to the amp head. Then I don't know what you're running your master volumes. Mine is sitting at noon.

Julia said:
Just for shits and giggles I tried the Effects knob at zero and up at 3:00 to all the way. Maybe my ears are crap by now, but I can tell absolutely no difference in tone with nothing in the loop. You guys really need to have someone turn the knob while you're playing with your back to the amp head. Then I don't know what you're running your master volumes. Mine is sitting at noon.
Might be your ears, cuz I did this with my friend and we was all the way across the room. And I tried it from noon to all the way up :p He told me that one was warmer and better sounding, and it was with the knob all the way up.

It is a tube driven loop, and I do believe that's how it works.

Of course it might be that the 6550s I'm using in the amp add so much fatness to the tone that I'm not hearing anything significant.

But then like I said it might be my old ears. Can't hear crap over 14 kHz (not that guitar amps produce anything there anyway). Constant tinnitus in my right ear with natural midrange scoop. And variable hearing from day to day depending upon the weather and how the planets are aligned.