Lynch Box Sound clips with Grail, Mr. Scary, and Super V

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet, I think you captured the tone quite well (although only listening on craptop speakers here :-/) You just 'need' a Brahma to complete the set ;)

J/K...I don't have a Brahma either :D

Haha, I'm ok, these came with my amp all as a package, and I've got everything that I need!

Thanks, haha glad I made someone go spend some money hahaha.

I think the super V is on par with both of the others in all honesty. It's kind of an AC30 meets a JTM to my ears, the weird part about this amp which I haven't completely figured out yet is how the preamp correlates to the power amp.

Obviously it controls volume, but it seems like it also creates a significant amount more gain as well, I need to really spend some time (when I have it and I'm not busy at band practice and playing shows...) working out the best pre amp to master volume settings.

Anyone have any tips with this?

Dallas Marlow said:
Thanks, haha glad I made someone go spend some money hahaha.

I think the super V is on par with both of the others in all honesty. It's kind of an AC30 meets a JTM to my ears, the weird part about this amp which I haven't completely figured out yet is how the preamp correlates to the power amp.

Obviously it controls volume, but it seems like it also creates a significant amount more gain as well, I need to really spend some time (when I have it and I'm not busy at band practice and playing shows...) working out the best pre amp to master volume settings.

Anyone have any tips with this?

The super V sounds wonderful...and I enjoyed hearing you do the hendrix stuff with it..since I think it cops a really good tone for that :D

The balance between your pre-amp master and amp (power) master affects the sound of the module quite significantly

With the pre-amp master low and cranking the power amp it'll sound a little thinner but a little more agressive

With the pre-amp master between 10 and 12 o'clock, the sound will start to thicken up...

..of course at gigging volumes you may be increasing pre and power for the juciest tone :D

I usually have my pre's set between 10 and 12 and adjust power to taste unless I'm looking for that more aggressive sounding stuff at lower volumes..in which case I'll set my pre's at about 9 o'clock and crank the master to 1 or 2 o'clock.

oh..forgot to mention, clean, blackface etc. usually have to be set higher to match volume coming out of any gain modules

I have a HOTPLATE which I usually set to pad 8dB

Ahh, thanks man, I have noticed that... yea you can really get some mean tones out of it with low pre volume and high master, but it really really gets fat with the pre amp volume turned up.

I have a hot plate but don't really want to use it with this amp, I don't know it just seems rather counter to the versatility, and I've found the hot plate to kind of take away from the clarity a bit. It kind of is a tone sucker to a degree, it's got it's uses for sure on MV amps especially like old Marshalls I'm just not so keen on it with this amp. I might give it a shot one day but only if I'm not happy with the tones I'm getting with out it!

I totally just use my hotplate for cutting volume so as not to annoy the neighbours or wife too much

Oh I hear you man, lol I just use the MV and turn the thing down.... I'm just trying reduce the amount of crap I have to take with me at any given point in time lol.

That super V clip has the same id as Mr Scary, and when it comes up it is labeled Mr Scary?!
The tones sound great though, I'd be curious about the guitar, mic and pre you used.

ok, got it now
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=720904

....just was alarmed at all the sterling reviews of the Super V which may/may not have been

Super V is very cool

took the capitals off my previous post, that was before my morning coffee, didn't mean to come off so abrasive

crankyrayhanky said:
ok, got it now
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=720904

....just was alarmed at all the sterling reviews of the Super V which may/may not have been

Super V is very cool

took the capitals off my previous post, that was before my morning coffee, didn't mean to come off so abrasive

mmm, I gonna have to mess with my Super V some. It does not [yet] sound anything like your sound clip does [great!]. Mine is missing the high end yours has. Are you playing a Strat on the clip? May I ask if you would share the Super V settings on the clip? Are you using the bright switch ON? Any mods to the Super V or is it stock? Thanks for the samples, they sound really good and so does your playing.