Mamba salvation mod vs other mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmure101

Reaction score
I received my Mamba module from salvation mods and I oculd not be happier. Is salvation mods the way to go? This is my first modded module so I have no experience with gigmods or jaded faith mods. I would like to hear some input and pros and cons as to which mods i should try in the future. I am sure its a mtter of opinion but any ideas would be helpful. I was considering a gigmods ultra xl? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

They're all great at what they do. Think of a tone and it can be accomplished by one or sometimes all of the modders in some form or fashion. If a particular module doesn't gel with you, the classifieds are wonderful for trading and flipping, etc. Modded modules maintain value quite well and this community is a great bunch of folks that are almost always down to trade or buy mods. You simply can't go wrong man. Happy hunting and welcome to the machine!!!

I perfer to keep my cash and my mods in the usa.... I cant wait 4 months for a mod and have to deal with international shipping.. All my mods are Jaded Faith and thats how it will remain!
-mp-

I agree with Zepplin 490..... My first 2 modded purchases were from Salvation and I couldn't be happier. :D On the other hand we have a awesome product being purchased right here in the USA. The JF turn around times are a lot faster, the prices are better, the quality is top notch, the customer service is untouchable, and we are buying an American product from a stand up guy.

The only way to know is to do some dabbling and try a little bit of everything. You might even surprise yourself with what you like. Spend some time posting on the forum about which tones you are chasing. I'm sure everyone will be happy to jump in and give you some recommendations.

Glad you're digging your Mamba - it's a beast for sure.

Don't forget another great modder is Scott aka Sacred Groove and he's here in the states - great guy and an amazing modder like Anthony in my opinion.

With Salvation you have a wait, but if you play his mods you hear why it's worth the wait. I only have Salvation and Sacred Groove mods in my collection, they just suit me and my playing better.

Only way to tell is to try them all and go from there.

NOTE: I still have yet to try a Voodoo mod...and I really want to. Trace is nothing short but great to all his customers even those just writing with inquiries always quick to respond and very courteous and respectful!

Im not anti salvation im just much more pro rob there was the "dont copy my work rob" flyers that a bunch of people got with their salvation mods, That to me makes me think that they are a little worried that Rob is cutting into their business. As was said earlier JF is cheaper, faster and has great customer service. I would put robs work up against other modders and they all are great but as i said I like to keep my money in the US of A. I have never played a sacred groove mod but from what ive heard his work is great and once again he's in the US of A. And one last point that cannot be argued and that is Rob turn around time is by far the quickest and if there is a mod that you have in your head rob can make it a reality for a very reasonable price as was exemplified with the D-zilla.
-mp-

I didn't mean to snub Sacred Groove aka Scott on the made in USA props earlier. I personally don't own any of his mods/amps but from what I've read they are also top notch.

I have tried many mods but have settled on 3 JF and 1 SG mod at the moment. I would like to try some Salvation tones but need to find the right ones on here that are not too expensive first. Just my opinion.

Some swear by the Salvation mods and others by JF's or SG's. Whatever works for you is my take on it.

I will say that I have PM'd a few souls on here asking about some moves I notice being made and the answers were pretty much the same. One likes more of a certain modder and the other likes anothers work better. Both had mods from all 3 and were keeping a sampling of each because some mods just fit their personal needs better.

I had no idea that there was a 4 month wait for salvation mods. I bought mine in the classifieds. I think my next order will be the D-Zilla from JF. I will let you know how it goes.

Any other ideas for metal mods that do not sound compressed?

Emmure101 said:
I had no idea that there was a 4 month wait for salvation mods. I bought mine in the classifieds. I think my next order will be the D-Zilla from JF. I will let you know how it goes.

Any other ideas for metal mods that do not sound compressed?

I don't know if there is a 4 month wait on the Salvo's. Some of that will depend on how Customs happens to be working during shipping. The classified section is a great way to dip your toes into the Salvation world though.

JF has a chart on his website that describes his mods characteristics. That would be a good place to start to see where his mods sit on the compression scale.

If you email Rob at Jaded Faith he will get back to you ASAP. Just mention to him what you are looking for and he will definitely point you on the right direction. Jaded Faith has the best customer service in the mod community.