• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Marshall EL34 50/50 Power Amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughJasol

Reaction score
Marshall EL34 50/50 Dual MonoBloc Stereo Power Amp

*** SOLD ***

Made in England, this power amp can be run in stereo as 2 separate 50-watt channels, with the 2 channels running as parallel outputs using a single input, or the 2 channels can be bridged to run as a mono 100-watt channel out of Channel A. Each channel also has 2 "Voicing" modes which, in addition to the front toggle switches, can be controlled by an optional footswitch. To whomever buys this amp I will include a Marshall PEDL-90004 (at least I think that's what the model is) 2-way footswitch at no extra charge. This amp has Svetlana EL34 power tubes and has the original Philips ECC81's and EI ECC83's. The EL34 50/50 Dual MonoBloc is Marshall's updated replacement to the 9100 Dual MonoBloc. It's the same amp, except that it uses EL34's instead of 6L6's as used in the 9100. To give you an idea of what these amps cost new, the original $1300.00 price tag is still stuck to the side of the amp . . .

Overall this amp is in very good condition; but for the sake of disclosure let me point out some minor issues:
  • The front rack ears are slightly bent (see photos), but it mounts fine.
  • When looking at it from the rear, the top cover has a slight bend or hump near the rear edge (see photo). Nothing major, the top cover just doesn't look perfectly flat when looking at it from the rear, that's all.
  • Since my original post, I've applied a small piece of double-sided tape to the tab at the bottom of the rear panel (see photos) so that the panel fits into snugly into the slot on the chassis. Before I did this, the fan vibration would sometimes cause a slight rattling noise. Now it's nice and snug with no movement and no noise; and I would definitely repeat this procedure preemptively if I were ever to acquire another one of these.
*** SOLD ***

This is definitely a hot deal, and makes me wish I had the need for such a piece. Somebody needs to buy this!