MASHall

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbaug14

Reaction score
Considering modding one of my modules to this by Salvation. Could some of the guys who have one chime in here? I'm looking for a module that will do a good classic rock (AC/DC rythme Bon Scott years) tone along with a heavier rock tone (Appetite for Distruction) and even modern tones (Buckcherry Lit Up).

I've watched some of the demos on uToob and they really aren't all that impressive. I'm going to assume by some of the posts here that the demos don't really do the thing justice at all. Do any of you have any good demos of this thing? I'd like to know what kind of tones you can get from it with an LP.

Anyway, just trying to get some more info. MASHall mod. GO!

Mashall owns all other modules....For what you seek, there is nothing better...It does low to high gain flawlessly and has 4 very usable modes...Don't have a recording of it at the moment that I can post....But I'll try to whip something together later for ya...

Mattfig said:
Mashall owns all other modules....For what you seek, there is nothing better...It does low to high gain flawlessly and has 4 very usable modes...Don't have a recording of it at the moment that I can post....But I'll try to whip something together later for ya...

That would be awesome! A clip with the different modes showing how they can capture different iconic Marshall tones would be great. Like I said, the clips out there that I was able to find weren't showing what people are saying around here.

THANKS!!!

I will get on that today...Although I am no guitar genius...I'll play some simple **** in each mode and let you hear it for what it is...And, I'm sure Salvation will see fit to give me a few free modules in exchange for the promotion...Just kidding about that last part...His work is amazing...And that is not to take anything away from the other members of the modding community here...Almost every mod from these guys I've ever heard here has been a surprising improvement over stock...Some major talent around these boards...

You will see...The Mashall already owns you and you don't even realize it yet...:)..But seriously, I've never seen a description more suited for the Mashall than what you wrote...Or you can spend the same amount of money and get 4 stock Marshall tone modules that are 'almost' what you want...

Love to hear some goo clips of the MashAll..what I've heard to date does not impress at all....one of the weakest of Salvations offerings based purely on clips....but I know how hard it is to capture what you hear in teh room...I gave up a long time ago :)

Yes,

demo videos are amazingly dumb I find. Simply, they are one dimensional. What if you don't play Jazz or 80s leads all the time? What if you aren't a blues/funk/reggae player? what if you don't play Van Halen licks? What if Killswitch Engage is not "your band"? what if you aren't trying to be Jimmy Page?

The number of demo videos for (insert guitar item here) that come with uber expensive complementing components playing slow lead guitar is mind boggling. "Gee I can make my POD and imported guitar sound like that too, guess I should buy it!" lol

Later!

I agree...That's why I'm only gonna play some simple notes and chords so you can just hear the base of each mode...Simple crap played the same in each mode...I can usually tell if something is gonna be good or bad by hearing a simple sample..

bbaug14 said:
...I've watched some of the demos on uToob and they really aren't all that impressive.

I think Mattfig should be their spokesperson!

Yeah, the Mashall demos seem to be quite bland.

On the other hand, that Gigmods Plexi demo!

Wow!

I currently have a Mash-all+ in the works!
So you can definitly expect some clips soon! (well, as soon as it arrives ;) )
I'll keep you posted.

I personally have to agree that the video's don't give the greatest sound, but you can listen through the youtubeness of it and hear that there is awesomeness going on ;)

Edit: before you even asked: the + has a voicing switch for some extra magic fairydust!

m0jo said:
I'll keep you posted.

I personally have to agree that the video's don't give the greatest sound, but you can listen through the youtubeness of it and hear that there is awesomeness going on ;)

Edit: before you even asked: the + has a voicing switch for some extra magic fairydust!

Why Why Why must Antonin insist on adding cool features to his stuff later down the line? Kills me...He needs to move into my neighborhood...Houses are cheap here...C'mon man...I'll give you lots of work...I'll link 20 RM4s if I have to...Don't test me, I'll do it! ******, I like fairy dust on now my Mashall is incomplete...Only because I know if he added it, it must be worthwhile...He's like a drug dealer...Always teasing you with the best new ****! Not that I've ever had any drug experience... :p

Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
I'll keep you posted.

Why Why Why must Antonin insist on adding cool features to his stuff later down the line? Kills me...He needs to move into my neighborhood...Houses are cheap here...C'mon man...I'll give you lots of work...I'll link 20 RM4s if I have to...Don't test me, I'll do it!

Hahaha, actually it was my request ;) So don't blame the big chief for it ;)
Maybe he could be able to do some kind of "upgrade" deal for these things :)
But that's just me thinking, it might be unhandy businesswise.

m0jo said:
Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
I'll keep you posted.

Why Why Why must Antonin insist on adding cool features to his stuff later down the line? Kills me...He needs to move into my neighborhood...Houses are cheap here...C'mon man...I'll give you lots of work...I'll link 20 RM4s if I have to...Don't test me, I'll do it!

Actually, I've approached Antonin on this very subject and I'll just say that he is very accomodating...If only he lived here on Earth...

Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
I'll keep you posted.

Actually, I've approached Antonin on this very subject and I'll just say that he is very accomodating...If only he lived here on Earth...
Hey actually, why don't you move to Europe!
You would need a considerable vessel to ship that rig though :lol:

BTW, shameless plug: check out my new clip in the clips section!

m0jo said:
Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
I'll keep you posted.

Does Antonin have a room for rent? Although my wife and baby may not appreciate my leaving...I guess I'll just say "it's for a spritual journey that I now realize I must take to be fulfilled."...But I'll mumble that last line and actually say "to have my rack filled."

Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
I'll keep you posted.

Does Antonin have a room for rent? Although my wife and baby may not appreciate my leaving...I guess I'll just say "it's for a spritual journey that I now realize I must take to be fulfilled."...But I'll mumble that last line and actually say "to have my rack filled."
Actually I think Hyenik might be in there ;)
Why not take your wife and kid with you for a "cultural holiday" while you make a whistle stop at Antonin's! :D
(and no by wistle stop I don't mean arriving with 5 cases of modules and .. oh forget it you're gonna do it anyway..)

Sounds awesome. That's true Marshall tone right there! Nice playing too. I think it showed each setting off very well.

Also I don't know what the hell it is but in that video you reminded me of Jack Nicholson. :lol: