MASHall

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice demo...still can't say I'm a fan of it but that sounds like some solid Marshall tone there!

Why thanks guys...Was kinda fun to make...Easier than I thought...Getting the mixing board to work with the camera - not so much...BTW, that clip has a mix of a live E906 mic and the MTS Cab Eliminator mixed as well...Nice blend...And yep, the TS808 was on for modes 2, 3 and 4 but used as a light boost and not a lot of gain so it's difference is just a bit more bite on top...The Mashall alone sounds almost exactly the same without it - just a little more bass...I don't know, you just always put a screamer in front of a Marshall, it's just common sense...:)

I probably should have used the mid gain settings more as they are fabulous...I just don't typically do that with my Mashall so what you heard is how mine sounds when I use it...It's actually considerably more versatile than that...Though the vid gives a good idea of how a Mashall can sound...

Oh yeah, and Jack Nicholson? Hmmm...That dude is old...So what exactly are you saying there kiddo? :lol:

It sounded pretty good in all 4 modes.
I think that might be the 1st time I heard anyone play Girlschool outside of Britny Fox back in '88. :lol:

He reminds me more of my friend Frazier from the midwest, however that guy will be a Jack Nicholson when he gets older... An eccentric, more cultured Jack Nicholson :D

YES! I want a Mamba clip too! And I wish I could have gotten a Custom 3 clip before that left your collection :('

Also, the gain on mode 2 was a little high for what you used it for just so ya know ;) How clean can mode 2 get? And dirty for mode 1?

good job shortman ;)

only couple of hints for future ...
- If clip start in 3:00 then is better (subtitles helps), people want sounds not speaking ;)
- less reverb is better too, usually is about preamp sounds not effects
- more nice guitars, less nice shorts ;)
- and we have here part of forum called Rigs & Tones (after two weeks nobody knows where is this lovely shortsclip)
- TS... this is for discussion, yes Marshalls have a lot of basses, because this is marshall (btw exactly reason for so many hotrodded, upgraded, tuned marshalls after)

I?m looking forward for next one

hyenik said:
good job shortman ;)

only couple of hints for future ...
- If clip start in 3:00 then is better (subtitles helps), people want sounds not speaking ;)
- less reverb is better too, usually is about preamp sounds not effects
- more nice guitars, less nice shorts ;)
- and we have here part of forum called Rigs & Tones (after two weeks nobody knows where is this lovely shortsclip)
- TS... this is for discussion, yes Marshalls have a lot of basses, because this is marshall (btw exactly reason for so many hotrodded, upgraded, tuned marshalls after)

I?m looking forward for next one

Good points...I'll be sure to pass them on to my production crew...:)

Actually, your critique is useful and I'm appreciative...I only did all the talking because people tend to ask what else is in the mix right away after clips are posted...Just thought I'd be thorough...Wait until Mashall 2: Electric Bugaloo ... It's gonna blow your mind!

Oh yeah, and the gain was set way too high on mode 2...That is correct...Like I said, I tend to like GAIN...And the Mashall has a really nice and articulate crunch that produces its overdrive smoothly...

I'd definitely like to hear:

Mode 1: Clean like you had it, but then pushed with an OD, and pushed with its gain knob (no OD), then its own gain plus OD.

Mode 2: Same, as clean as it can get, then throw an OD, more gian without OD, and then both.

Modes 3 and 4 are fine :D Would be cool to see the gain range on mode 3 though. If I were to get this module I may just get a 3 mode version, since I'm not very big on the JVM Red :D

Though I'm GASing for a Custom 3 right now for my high gainer Marshall tones...