MattFig custom mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently finished a few custom mods for Matt, along with new faceplates. I did the mods for Matt out of convenience for him, since he and I live in the metro Detroit area.

Chemtrail Angel, originally an Angel, has an added low-mids boost indicated by the groin shot of a squirrel. It was originally a Contour switch, but I made that permanent since he liked that sound best. The faceplate indicates some of Matt's personality...cool dude with a good sense of humor.

Mash-all has an added tone stack tweak for 2 different voice options.

ChemtrailAngel-Mash-all.jpg

PhiloBeddoe said:
Wow, now we're getting into modded modded mods. Time to send them back to Europe since it's their turn to mod again!

You can always fit "one more mod." :lol:

What I would like to do is send a module around to all the "pro modders" and let each add a feature....No joke...Collaboration could be a way to come across new sounds...

I'd buy the mod and start it on it's way + pay shipping around, etc. if I could have it when it's finished...Sacred Groove, Jaded Faith, Voodoo Amps, Gigmods, Hilligan, and Salvation Mods...

Or to make it more interesting, a clean and a high gainer...

Maybe we need an Egnater Tourmaster module???? I would buy that! PM me if you're interested...:)

Mattfig said:
PhiloBeddoe said:
Wow, now we're getting into modded modded mods. Time to send them back to Europe since it's their turn to mod again!

What I would like to do is send a module around to all the "pro modders" and let each add a feature....No joke...Collaboration could be a way to come across new sounds...

I'd buy the mod and start it on it's way + pay shipping around, etc. if I could have it when it's finished...Sacred Groove, Jaded Faith, Voodoo Amps, Gigmods, Hilligan, and Salvation Mods...

Whoa....
:shock: :shock: :shock:
That is an amazing idea. The cost would probably be pretty extreme, but the result could be truly priceless. It's one thing to have a modded module, but a collaborative module?
I guess the only obstacle to that idea is the possibility that some of the modders might be opposed to letting the others see the inner workings of their mods. Of course it might also not be an issue at all. Let us know if you get this idea up and running. That is the most progressive idea that I have heard on this forum since the "Toasty Mod" that uses lasers to make you a wicked grilled cheese. :)

I want to say that two designs above are not associated with Salvation mods in any way.
Faceplates are inspired by our designs, but it is not SALVATION MODS design, so I am not very happy that SALVATION MODS is written on them.

Also, I have read that modules circuitry is modified.
I do not know how the modules are modified, but I want to say that modifications done on them are done by other modder, not by Salvation.
This is not my work.
Please write on the modules, because I am fully responsible for my mods, and warranty is applied for my work only

Thanks, peace

Anthony

salvation said:
I want to say that two designs above are not associated with Salvation mods in any way.
Faceplates are inspired by our designs, but it is not SALVATION MODS design, so I am not very happy that SALVATION MODS is written on them.

Also, I have read that modules circuitry is modified.
I do not know how the modules are modified, but I want to say that modifications done on them are done by other modder, not by Salvation.
This is not my work.
Please write on the modules, because I am fully responsible for my mods, and warranty is applied for my work only

Thanks, peace

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Sorry to have upset you...I contacted you first about these mods and was told that the Angel couldn't really be modified and that a Mashall upgrade to Mashall+ was not a very feasible idea...So I went local and got it done here...In hindsight I should have asked your opinion on whether or not to have "Salvation Mods" added to the plate...I really felt it would be more like "stealing" to re-title them as anyone else's work...Even though some of it now is...

Just FWIW, Salvation Mods was put on the faceplates out of respect for your design and work that went into them...I don't have any intention of selling them and if I ever did, I hope you trust that I would fully disclose the additional modifications...It seemed like it would be more shady to add a different name to the faceplates as 95% + of the work is yours...It seemed like the right thing to do and is not intended to mislead- just give credit back to the original creator...If you would rather see a different name on the modules now, I can have it changed to avoid confusion...

Thanks,
Mattfig

Mattfig said:
Hi Anthony,

Sorry to have upset you...I contacted you first about these mods and was told that the Angel couldn't really be modified and that a Mashall upgrade to Mashall+ was not a very feasible idea...So I went local and got it done here...In hindsight I should have asked your opinion on whether or not to have "Salvation Mods" added to the plate...I really felt it would be more like "stealing" to re-title them as anyone else's work...Even though some of it now is...

Just FWIW, Salvation Mods was put on the faceplates out of respect for your design and work that went into them...I don't have any intention of selling them and if I ever did, I hope you trust that I would fully disclose the additional modifications...It seemed like it would be more shady to add a different name to the faceplates as 95% + of the work is yours...It seemed like the right thing to do and is not intended to mislead- just give credit back to the original creator...If you would rather see a different name on the modules now, I can have it changed to avoid confusion...

Thanks,
Mattfig

Hi Anthony,

I also want to apologize for the confusion of these modules. In fact, like Matt pointed out, your mods are very much intact and remain the sole basis for the modules, except for the Contour switch on the Angel. That was replaced with a specific mod Matt wanted.

Removing your Salvation moniker from the face seemed like an injustice which is why your name is there. I thought about not putting your name back on them, but I feared that they would be seen as reverse-engineered copies if/when they ended up in someone elses possession. The face can be changed, if you wish to disassociate yourself from both modules.

All in all, the utmost effort was attempted by Matt and I to respect your original work. I also apologize for not contacting you beforehand to get your opinion or approval of what Matt and I wanted to accomplish. :oops:

Sincere apologies and much respect,
Scott

Daryl said:
Mattfig said:
PhiloBeddoe said:

Whoa....
:shock: :shock: :shock:
That is an amazing idea. The cost would probably be pretty extreme, but the result could be truly priceless. It's one thing to have a modded module, but a collaborative module?
I guess the only obstacle to that idea is the possibility that some of the modders might be opposed to letting the others see the inner workings of their mods. Of course it might also not be an issue at all. Let us know if you get this idea up and running. That is the most progressive idea that I have heard on this forum since the "Toasty Mod" that uses lasers to make you a wicked grilled cheese. :)

When I get my cash situation together more - meaning after getting my new Salvo Terrier 2011!!! :) I plan to attempt this project....Even if big names don't want to get involved, there's plenty of us that dabble in modding to make something cool....Be on the lookout...Even if 5 of us wanted to do it, we could each ante up a module and perform the same mods on each so everyone gets one in the end...Oh yeah, and remember the toast and sandwich mods are sole property of mojo and I...The patent has already been approved...And we have an upcoming slot on the Food, Tones & Tubes Channel....Watch for it! :D

6stringgrind said:
Mattfig said:
I don't have any intention of selling them

Yeah, it's not like you to let a module go, Matt. :lol:

True...I can understand that statement... :lol: But like I always say, until someone opens a modded module store - you gotta buy 'em to try 'em...And I don't keep things that won't get much use - even if it's an awesome module which in many cases it is...Sell one, buy one...I want to try them all but can't afford to keep them all, hence the frequent buying and selling...Pretty sure most people who know me know my love for Mashall so that one is permanent and the Angel is also gonna see a lot of use too...I wouldn't go thru the additional effort and cost of faceplates and such to simply flip them...That would be insane and there would be NO way of breaking even...Or even coming close...Once the Terrier gets made and finds its way home, the Rack of Delight is full...And while I'll still flip here and there for the latest carrot on the string, I'm quite happy with my current lineup...It works very well...The hunt will always be on, but I've covered most bases by now...:)

I like the idea you have going there.

But it could potentially get very complicated.. if two mods touch the same part of the circuit.
It would mean that one modder would have to dig through or possibly discect the other's mod to get in there..
I don't mean to be a partypooper :) just pointing it out. ;)