Midi Help....I'm completely lost

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicharmony

Reaction score
Anybody have some links or something to help me out with this Midi programming stuff? I've got an RM100, Rocktron Xpression and TC Electronics D-two Delay unit. I'm trying to use a rocktron Midi Mate to recreate the single button push joys of my Line6 Vetta (Hit a button, ampo changes effects, channels, sounds, etc.) but I cannot find any information on how to get my RM100 to change channels using midi. I donm't get it at all, sorry for the ignorance. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks!

I don't have an RM100 , but the basic MIDI setup begins with the foot controller ( midi mate ) on the same channel. Your RM100 ( if new) is probably set to channel 16( or it may be channel 1) . Connect the foot controller to the midi "in " on the back of your amp, set the Midi Mate to send on channel 16, then press one of the Midi Mate bank switches, then also press and hold the channel switching button on the RM100 to select the channel, hold it for 2-3 seconds, next press another Midi Mate bank switch , and repeat by selecting the next channel ( module ) on the RM100 and hold for 2-3 seconds. If your send /receive channels are correct you should be able to switch back and forth between the 2 MTS modules using the Midimate now. You could also just connect the Midi Mate to the Xpression midi input and make sure they are working properly, then midi thru from the Xpression to the RM100, but again the channels need to be set. It's easier to change the send /receive channels on the Xpression and Midi Mate, than mess with the dip switches in the RM100.
You can also check the Egnater site ( www.egnater.com ) for a manual describing the MOD50 or MOD 100 , I believe they share the same midi functions as the RM100, but I'm not positive.

Found the manual for the Mod 50- http://www.egnater.com/manuals/mod50revA.pdf

Hope this helps,

Howard

Hey thanks. I tried the holding down the button thing but that didn't work. I was reading the manual for the Egnator Mod100 and that has a DIP switch for "program change enable" for midi so I guess I'll have to pull the bacl off the amp to see if it's on or off. THanks for the help!

Here is the MIDI Guide for the RM100:

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/about/warranty/manuals/RM100%20MIDI%20guide.pdf

Seeker pretty much nailed it but your head should actually be on Ch 1. Shoot me an email w/ any other questions and i can try to help you out.

[email protected]

Well, I went through every Midi Channel setting on the Midi Mate and for some reason the RM100 is set to receive on Channel 9 so that's what I'm gonna go with. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated

i have the randall rm100 head and tc g system and i am tryin to get the the g system to change the randalls channels..
i got the midi cable hooked up and tried the saving preset function and nuthin?
what do i need to do
heeelllp