• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mint Peavey 6505+ for RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahlomonic

Reaction score
I recently got a *mint* Peavey 6505+ in a trade, and I'm still leaning towards an RM100. If anyone would like to work out a trade, hit me up and we'll talk. Plenty of HC references.

Still have the Peavey? I'm bored again and thinking of starting over on heads or either just buying an AXE FX. I've got and RM100 with 8 modules I may be posting or thinking of trading.

I'm just still looking for the perfect tone. I'm actually leaning towards just getting an AxeFx. It's such a pain to record with the Randall and I'm still not 100% happy with my tone. Plus I'm not playing live and I have 2 heads and 4 4x12's that are just taking up space. Just the constant search for a raging sound that I can't find yet either. So I may post the Randall and the 8 modules or try and trade. Not to mention Randall refuses to make new modules.

I saw that post but by the time that happens it will atleast another 9 months and I don't think I can wait that long. It's already been 2 years of new module promises.

Yes I still have the 6505+. I really like it, but the *only* amp I'd give it up for is an RM100, and only because I have wanted one way before the 6505.

PM me and we'll talk ;)

I'll try and play one locally at GC then I may be up for a trade. I have the RM100 with 8 modules. I'll let you know, I'm bored now with my amp.

schlagdog said:
I'll try and play one locally at GC then I may be up for a trade. I have the RM100 with 8 modules. I'll let you know, I'm bored now with my amp.

Say it aint so! :(

What modules u got ? :shock: :D

If you're bored with an amp that you can change the sound on pretty much any time you like, I can't imagine any single amp is going to please you for too long hehe. Let the GAS begin! I can see how an Axe-FX or something of that nature would be enticing, though...

That's the reason I had 8 modules. I'm not happy with any of them completely. I need two sounds, high gain and a SRV tone. The SRV tone fromthe Super V is great but still can't get a high gain I am really pleased with.

What kind of high-gain tone are you looking for? I thought the MTS system was reputed to excel at high gain tones, so I'm surprised you haven't found any that you really dig. Personally, I'd recommend a Salvation Salvado Deluxe, as it's really flexible. But I guess it all depends on what sound you're going for

The 6505 has more gain than you can shake a stick at thats for sure. but i did a bunch of preamp tube changes and a bias mod before i liked the crunch channel, to get that marshall sound out of it. The amp really screams metal.

True. High gain is its bread and butter no doubt. Great thing about the 6505+ model is it already has a bias adjustment knob on it. ;)

bump. Have a possible trade pending, but would like to get a backup going if this happens to fall through. Shooting for an RM100 with at least 1 module (prefer a stock XTC :D)

I got an Egnater MOD 100 previously owned by Kenny Olsen of Kid Rock. I might trade you plus some cash.

Well depends on how much cash you're looking for really. PM me a number and we'll go from there . . .

schlagdog said:
That's the reason I had 8 modules. I'm not happy with any of them completely.
Ah - And this is precisely the reason why many people go with modded modules.I see that you have only 2 out of the 10 modules listed in your signature that are modded. While many stock modules are fine and will serve their purpose as is, you may find that it takes a modded module to be satisfied with it "completely".

Latest posts