Modded SL+ on youtube

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
Hey, I just uploaded this, very quick demo just showing some Slashy tone's from my SL+ which I've started modding. This is my first ever vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPQPBzksUMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbVK9UekOp4

Thanks man, have you ever heard of an Epiphone Elite or Elitist? It's a high end Japanese model, based on the specs of a Gibson, but made in Japan. They've been discontinued for quite a few years now. A mate who owns a few Gibson's told me it even smells like a Gibson! :lol: It sustains for days and has so much weight and body in the tone. I have DiMarzio pickups in it, Paf Pro and Air Zone.

I have heard of those. I almost bought an SG model. But those pickups definately add some character still wouldn't have guessed it as an Epiphone though. Awesome axe you must be stoked with it I was almost gonna ask if it was the Slash LP cos it looked like and sounded like the one my mate has.

Great tone man. I love Dimarzios myself. I have an Air Classic and Eric Johnson neck in my Epi Paul. The Paf Pro is a great all around pickup. I believe it lets a guitar be itself but with more output. Great neck pickup. The Air Norton is what I had best luck getting a Slash tone in the neck position. A little warmer buttery flavor. hahaha

Yeah I recently realised that all of my guitars have DiMarzio's, over time I changed all of them. These do sound pretty good I think. I'm not being totally obsessive about getting a Slash AFD tone, if I was I'd put his pickups in the guitar, but I just want to get this module as close as possible. I'll still make more changes, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far. This module has heaps more gain than I really need for Slash, but that's ok.

I understand completely. I have stopped changing pickups after getting modules. There is more tone available in tweaking the module.

The Elitists can be cool...I played a custom that was for sale at GC a while back and it was a real turd though....felt like a cheapy EPiphone...Orvilles are awesome as well.....Kind of wish I woul have kept mine....

alowerdeep said:
The Elitists can be cool...I played a custom that was for sale at GC a while back and it was a real turd though....felt like a cheapy EPiphone...Orvilles are awesome as well.....Kind of wish I woul have kept mine....

I LOVE Orvilles....In so many ways they are superior and more consistent than actual "Gibsons."

RADE01 said:
Hey, I just uploaded this, very quick demo just showing some Slashy tone's from my SL+ which I've started modding. This is my first ever vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPQPBzksUMw
Nice tone.
You should post what you are doing in the DIY section.
Very cool..

RADE01 said:
It's in the DIY now too. Do many people look there?
Sure.
Mostly the type of people that like to tinker around with mods themselves. The DIY crowd loves new ideas.
I think you got a nice tone going there. :)