• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Modded Tweed FS, plexi

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
$299 shipped in USA, tweed black faceplate. Has slight gain boost, changed components in signal path by type and value for more compression also and a tighter low end. No, it's not metal-tight, but you can do old ZZ Top with a humbucker guitar or SRV with a strat and it sounds good.

Also still have a plexi modded with a pull boost and upgraded components as above - has more gain stock (a little) and then a lot with the pull boost. Does tones of my hand-wired plexi clone and a JCM 800. $349 shipped, USA.

I will also take in trades of stock modules towards these - just trying to get a few modules that are available for immediate shipment. next shipment gets put in tomorrow night, if these sell by then they will ship out and you can have your mods by the end of the week. :)

Pete
[email protected]

Pete

Can this module get a good clean sound also? I know you bumped the gain so that would concern me. I have a Tweed and a Blackface that I'd be willing to trade towards this, but use the Tweed as my clean and slightly overdriven sound by rolling off the volume knob on my tele. I already have an SL+ for dirt.

It only has a slight gain boost, I didn't try to outdo an SL+ with it. :) The Tweed excels IMHO with 'on the edge of distortion sounds' and I certainly didn't want to mess with that. It still cleans up. It just has a little tighter low end and a minor gain/compression boost.

Pete

Sound clip of modded tweed... first part is with gain at 1/4 up, second is with gain cranked. Used a Zoom Q3 to record right off a cab. Full of clams, but a one take quick representation of the module.

Guitar used was an eric johnson sig strat, with a duncan hot rails in the bridge.

http://members.cox.net/petesstuff/Tweed.mp3

Pete