Module Accuracy

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksauce

Reaction score
Spinning off of the really interesting Bruce post. What's your favorite module that just nails an amp to the T? :D

All six modules I own are based on amps that I haven't had the pleasure to get to know very well. However, I'm given to understand that the SacredGroove MK22 IS a 1977 Marshall JMP. Perhaps not coincidentally, it's in my top two overall favorite modules. People say the same thing about the accuracy of my other favorite module (Stonerverb). But you know, people...they're all talk.

I am very happy with the accuracy of the 'replica' mods. My Salvation Angel E sounds a LOT like my Powerball II. Crank the gain, and it sounds like an Invader.

The JF 59RR Platinum does a really convincing JMP and JCM800. And the extra gain stage on the JMP side sounds a lot more like Slash's (I mean Tim Caswell's) #39 mod than the new Marshall AFD amp does.

I'm just getting to know the JF XTC module. I never owned an XTC, but I've played through one and heard many others. From my limited exposure to the real amp, this module seems to nail both blue and red channels.

I know that some people may think I'm partial to it because I commissioned and helped develop it, but the SG MK22 is dead on to the 1977 two input Marshall JMP, IMO. It couldn't be any closer to the original. 60% of the time, I record it every time.

Same goes for the SG Rectifier/Diablo that was based on the "First 500" Rectifier design. Having owned and recorded an F500 for years, IMO, it's dead on as well.

I believe the Salvation Angel is dead on to the Engl it's designed after. After comparing my Engl to the Angel (and the Engl at that time was probably my favorite modern rock amp ever), I sold the Engl because the Angel was identical; I couldn't tell which amp was which in a blind test.

I think that the Jaded Faith SLO 100 is identical to the Soldano. It's an amazing module as well.

I haven't recorded an Rockerverb, Ecstasy or HiWatt in my studio but they're also extremely close, if not dead on, to my prior experience with those amps.

I agree with Mike. Most of the modder's clones are darn near spot on.

Check out my Salvo XTC versus Bogner XTC thread in the Rigs and Tones section.

I can nail lamb of God's tone with the JF Mark X.
Its the higher gain channel of course. It also can do bluesy stuff quite well, but not familiar enough with the actual amp for that tone, but Rob has a Mark V to compare side by side to while tuning. So I would def. say the Mark X will emulate the real thing accurately.

wesarvin said:
Check out my Salvo XTC versus Bogner XTC thread in the Rigs and Tones section.

Nicely done! I'd love to hear some more A/B like this. Absolutely nailed the Ecstasy, dialed in a hair tighter. My JF XTC is spot on as well with an added tightness switch for chunky, normal or crispy.

Mike P said:
I know that some people may think I'm partial to it because I commissioned and helped develop it, but the SG MK22 is dead on to the 1977 two input Marshall JMP, IMO. It couldn't be any closer to the original. 60% of the time, I record it every time.

Mike, I checked out a few of your clips and I completely agree. Was that an Anchorman reference? :lol:

More dead ringers:
Salvado and Mamba