Module gets quiet and farty (help?)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhequiem

Reaction score
So I was playing around with the Baremetalmods XTC I got from Tbag earlier this week, and was really digging it. However, after a few minutes, the sound would sometimes just fade out and start getting farty. Sometimes it would return to normal volume and other times not. I put new tubes in it and made sure it was seated properly and that the screws were in tight. It doesn't consistently do it, but I'd like to get whatever issue is causing this resolved so it can be reliable. All of the knobs seem to be working properly as far as the sound changing when they are turned. I've pm'd Tbag, but any suggestions you guys might have to offer in the meantime would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using an RM4? There was one on eBay last week and it was way cheap. The reason it was so cheap is that it had a similar issue...It would work and then get really quiet. Do you have any friends with any MTS gear that you could try the module out in to make sure that is what it is?

No, I'm using an RM22. The other slot works fine when I switch channels. Maybe I'll try another module in that slot and see if it's something with the amp. That would suck if it was!

rhequiem said:
No, I'm using an RM22. The other slot works fine when I switch channels. Maybe I'll try another module in that slot and see if it's something with the amp. That would suck if it was!

I just posted what might be similar problem - and it might suck similarly!