Modules for RM100M :: Nu metal, Hi Gain - Lo tune sound ....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the Modern, which might be ok for Nu Metal that's just heavy chords without a lot of technical stuff. It had absolutely no mids, so there was no note definition if you tried to do intricate stuff.
I now have an UltraXL which is perfect for the death metal stuff I do. Super heavy but with enough mids to define things and give attack. However, if you turn the gain up high enough for that stuff, it's rather noisy. So you'll need a gate or something. I have a Rocktron Hush that's really good.
I'd like to hear the new Hamett mods, too. I'll be they sound killer.

I tune down to B and have an ultra that was modded to xl specs. It's one bad mo fo. The only other one I've tried is a rectified and I'm a little disapointed, I can't get enough of that aggresive tone without it fizzing out.
So what is another kickass module for heavy stuff?

Pat-Brace said:
I tune down to B and have an ultra that was modded to xl specs. It's one bad mo fo. The only other one I've tried is a rectified and I'm a little disapointed, I can't get enough of that aggresive tone without it fizzing out.
So what is another kickass module for heavy stuff?

Does de ultra need lots of changes to turn into a XL ?

Raf

I got it from DracoAran off here (great dude by the way) and he said he changed the treble pot to a 250k, a .001 input cap, and a couple other caps that change the mid frequency. Thats about all I know other than this module is killer. He seems to know what he's doing so I just left it at that.

Pat

Molotov said:
guyz ...
Which modules to put in RM100M to have good amp for modern guitar sound for lo tune and hi gain?

Can you give me best 3 pcs for this?

Lo tune rules out Recto and Modern. These are bassy modules as it is. So you're gonna sound like a roaring orangutan with anything tuned lower than D.

1086 and KH3 for the win for your kind of music. Kirk designed his signature head with a bass boost cos the KH3 module lacks a tad bit of low end, much like the 1086. But that works out in your favour cos of the low tuning.

Tweak the density and presence for the sweet spot.

Cheers,
Ashish

Grail sounds great in low tunings.

Ultra I already modded with a low c3...so that sounds tight in low tunings'

...anything lower than C standard might as well be a bass guitarist ;)