Mojotone angled cabs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoR

Reaction score
How about a couple of these for the wet cabinets in my W/D/W setup? 1x12 or 2x12 though? I'm thinking a couple of 1x12 of these with my 2x12 cab would make a nice compact W/D/W rig.

Mojotone-Special-Design-Angled-Cabinet-image.jpg

Could be interesting! Any chance you have ever heard them in person? I'd be interested in one for live use. What are the dimensions......wondering is a Mod 50 would fit on top?

Jaded Faith said:
Could be interesting! Any chance you have ever heard them in person? I'd be interested in one for live use. What are the dimensions......wondering is a Mod 50 would fit on top?

I have not heard one but with all the varying opinions on slant vs strait cabs in general I would imagine some would question the design. I think the MOD50 might just fit depth wise; 10" 3/4 if I remember correctly so the feet would be right at the edges.

Specifications:
- 2X12 Slant with Angled interior
Bottom Depth: 15-3/4"
Top Depth: 9-5/8"
Width: 28"
Height: 16"
http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/c...ension/Mojotone-Special-Design-Angled-Cabinet

I'm thinking for wet cabs the slant and the open back would create a nice ambiance in a room or on stage. You can get the 3 piece back panel as well and experiment.

I can see one for noodling at home.

Would be hard to play gigs with it as it would be pointed at the ceiling at most venues.

It would also give a different (good or bad) impression of an amp different from traditional cabs.

I'd like to hear one in person.

I can't comment on one without seeing it in person and trying it. I am highly intrigued by it and nearly pulled the trigger on one today. I think it would be fantastic for gigging.

My ears are always a top concern and my days of blaring stage volume are far behind me. I do a lot of live sound work, so I can greatly appreciate moderate stage volumes and letting the soundman do his job.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Interesting design... what are your guy's thoughts on mojotone cabinets?

Egnater used Mojotone for their USA line cabinets and and head boxes. I think they are a few steps up from Avatar.

Mattfig said:
Would be hard to play gigs with it as it would be pointed at the ceiling at most venues.

Are you playing stadiums? I think you would be good standing right in front of it and up to about 15 feet away. And, you still would be getting a better representation of whats coming out of your speakers compared to a regular 2x12 hitting your legs.

Jaded Faith said:
I do a lot of live sound work, so I can greatly appreciate moderate stage volumes and letting the soundman do his job.

Soundmen would love this especially if you set it right in front of you like a monitor. It would certainly lend itself to keeping a lower stage volume.

I for one absolutely hate putting my guitar signal in a monitor! When sound guys say "If you turn down your amp I can put it in a monitor" I'm like "Ya, that's why I spend thousands on my gear so I can hear it through your blown piece of crap monitor. If I wanted that tone I'd just mic my ***". I luv sound guys... Rob, I'm sure your not like that though :D

MarcoR said:
Mattfig said:

Are you playing stadiums? I think you would be good standing right in front of it and up to about 15 feet away. And, you still would be getting a better representation of whats coming out of your speakers compared to a regular 2x12 hitting your legs.

Are you playing basements? I think it would be cool to stand right in front of it and play and I will need to do so to form a final conclusion. As for the better representation - that is open to debate. However you can only have that debate standing right in front of the monitor.

I think live it would be facing you opposite of the audience. That would actually be cool since it's also opposite of the sound guy, allowing you to crank it up louder. I always loved the direct sound of my amp, and did not like turning don to hear it through the monitors. It kills the tube tone and yields huge latency. ...but this would likely solve that problem I'm assuming the sound is decent with the right speakers

Mattfig said:
MarcoR said:
Mattfig said:

Are you playing basements? I think it would be cool to stand right in front of it and play and I will need to do so to form a final conclusion. As for the better representation - that is open to debate. However you can only have that debate standing right in front of the monitor.
Not debating just speculating. As far as playing basements, I'll be playing live 8:00 Till close at Marco's Dungeon (my basement) every night this week and on at least untill the boss (my wife) fires me.

MarcoR said:
Mattfig said:
MarcoR said:
Mattfig said:

Not debating just speculating. As far as playing basements, I'll be playing live 8:00 Till close at Marco's Dungeon (my basement) every night this week and on at least untill the boss (my wife) fires me.

Gotcha...Would be kinda cool for a basement jam or some smallish clubs with floor level stage...I'm quite curious to hear some reviews and I'll be watching for one to check out in person...

FWIW, I have angled guitar cab stands (20 bucks at you know where) that take a nice 2x12 and do the same thing and add other adjustments like height from floor, etc...Perhaps there is something more beneficial it the mojo's design to make it sound different??

Either way, I'm interested to hear how this unfolds...... :lol: