My first Salvation mods...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antag

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get some modules over to Anthony before the backlog forced him to suspend orders. They arrived today:

Custom3
Benzin

:twisted: :) :shock: :lol: :!: :twisted:

Oh yes. Very happy. These things are great. My current lineup:
stock Tweed, Custom3, JF VHT, Benzin
Reserves bench: JF XTC, JF Recto

Nice antag!!! The Benzin is certainly my favorite gain module. not the most versatile, but the sounds it does it nails them.

what do you think of the Benzin? I am interested in that mod, I am big fan of the VH4, do you think it actually comes close? I keep hearing that there is no way the VH4 tone can be gotten from a module since the power amp plays a larger part in the tone, and if it does get close what aspects of the VH4 tone does it get? and is it as clear as the original?

To a certain extent, that holds true for almost any module that's based around a well known head (as opposed to stand alone preamp): Rectifier, 5150, Savage, Uberschall & almost every other well known valve head relies heavily on its own power section for its sound. If you run the module through a totally different power section, your tone may be in the same ballpark, but it won't be identical...

My experience of the VH4 was a very brief demo at a noisy trade show with a guitar I didn't know, so I can't really comment on how close it is.

I do like it a lot though. My initial impression is that it sounds better with the mids up a bit - generally speaking, it seems a "middier" sound than either the JF VHT or Custom3 (which are the other gain modules I've been playing with).

Yes, it is very clear - I've been having a lot of fun with my 7-string through it :)

The Benzin does get pretty close for the preamp. if you run a clean power amp it does get there. I can nail Adam Jone's tones, Muse tones, and everything else. it deffinately has that unique Diezel tone. it's the one module that never leaves my RM4. I cant recommend it enough if you like "that" tone.