Need advice on good cheap drop tune Guitar

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grunge782 said:
Shinozoku said:
Julia said:
The LTD EC-400 is a discontinued model that has been replaced by the 401. Any 400's you see in stores have been around a while and they probably want to move them, so you could snag one for within your budget.

Oh, the Viper 400 will be less. Same scale, 81/85 pickups.

I wouldn't worry about the scale that much for drop D. I've got a 24" scale in drop C. No problems.
Amon Amarth tune their Gibsons to B standard :p Anything lower though, you'll need a longer scale, especially to play faster stuff.

Sorry, but Sunn0))) has got them beat. They tune down to E with Gibsons. Then again they only play 1 note per millenium so the flub doesnt bug them.
Exactly ;) Low tunings on short scales=drone/stoner/sludge. Low tuning on long scales=br00tz, death metal, some alt rock and whatnot, etc.

for the advice..I am looking STILL at the Ibanez AR and the like...and listeing for the tone..if good..its sold. I played some ESP LTDs recently..nice but outt a my price range.
I found one I could afford in SanFrancicso, played it..but the lower register didnt sing..not the strings..the guitar..******!
The search goes on.
GtrGeorge