New modular systems?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sag circuit involved in the new amps according to RigTalk post. dig it.

I'm really hoping for a 20 watt rack with something special. I've got my fingers crossed for this to happen

On Saturday at 4pm I'll be in the Friedman booth.
Ask for Avi. I'll be happy to answer all questions.

We really don't want to show before we are 100% BUT if enough of you want to see the E1, E2 and power amp - I may even arrange a demo at show closing.

PLEASE keep in mind that all modules are now being tweaked - including hardware - but if you want proof of life - I think you will be satisfied.

I just got back from the Amp Show. Avi showed me everything they had. E1, E2, power amp and preamps. Everything I played sounded incredible! I also brought a pair of my own modules. They sounded better than ever and worked perfectly with the new hardware. I think we're all going to be VERY happy with the new Synergy products! My faith is COMPLETELY restored. :twisted:

Very cool! I know it's still really early, but has there been any discussion regarding the price point? I seem to remember the M4 was around $700 and then modules were $400-500 for the Egnater dual's???

Taylormesa said:
Very cool! I know it's still really early, but has there been any discussion regarding the price point? I seem to remember the M4 was around $700 and then modules were $400-500 for the Egnater dual's???

Whoa there cowboy... when Egnater was selling while they were in production the M4 was reasonable $400 and modules were $325. Only when Bruce did a small run a couple years ago did he bump the prices. I would hope this new mass production line will be on the more reasonable end.

MarcoR said:
Taylormesa said:

Whoa there cowboy... when Egnater was selling while they were in production the M4 was reasonable $400 and modules were $325. Only when Bruce did a small run a couple years ago did he bump the prices. I would hope this new mass production line will be on the more reasonable end.

Ahh... Thank you! That is a relief-yes, I got in on the "small batch run" (which I totally understand why that would be more). I was hoping that a loaded E2 would be around$1000 or so. That's for the clarification!

Great news, looking forward to a 1U E2!

audiomidijace said:
I just got back from the Amp Show. Avi showed me everything they had. E1, E2, power amp and preamps. Everything I played sounded incredible! I also brought a pair of my own modules. They sounded better than ever and worked perfectly with the new hardware. I think we're all going to be VERY happy with the new Synergy products! My faith is COMPLETELY restored. :twisted:

MarcoR said:
Taylormesa said:

I have an early M4 (single) and it was indeed closer to $700

I think the RM4 was closer to the 400 price range, no?

Does anyone know where the Synergy stuff will be made after the initial run? China, Korea? US? might make a diff.

How soon we forget after the pricing bottom fell out: the RM4 was originally $999 new without modules. M4's never sold for $400 new.

Jaded Faith said:
M4's never sold for $400 new.

Well actually they were; this is what Steve at the Amp Lounge in Berkley, Michigan (where Bruce used to have his shop in the back) quoted me in 2007. I was ordering a B'man at the time and he said $400 was the "In the family" deal for the M4 (being I already had a MOD50).

Believe me, I have been kicking myself for years for not grabbing it at that price when I had the chance!!! And I certainly would never post something as fact unless I had it first hand. Maybe he made a mistake on the price???

Since it has been "out of production", the average price has been about $800 used.

But hey, lets continue this conversation and see how high we can get Synergy to jack up the prices...

Jaded Faith said:
How soon we forget after the pricing bottom fell out: the RM4 was originally $999 new without modules. M4's never sold for $400 new.

M4s originally sold for $400 when you bought four dual modules at same time, meaning a loaded M4 was $2k.... then later you could get one for as low as $400 with one or two modules...depending on who hooked you up.

I never got such a good deal, except when I bought a loaded, *USED* m4...

I am looking forward to a loaded E2 at $1k :)

makes sense really. I mean 500 Series enclosures are fairly cheap...and really so are many of the 500 series effects.

I like the comparisons to the 500 series stuff, and I certainly hope the designers/manufacturers will keep price point in mind. At the same time, if it's not US/European made I'm out. Period.

I believe the failure of the MTS line was both one of marketing, and initial quality. At the end of the day, I expect companies like Line 6 that make cool musical toys at reasonable prices to manufacture out in the Pacific. When I want quality, I want US or European manu. There is no way I'm paying the kind of prices Randall was asking for MTS for Pacific manufacture.

The Synergy product line will be reasonably priced and fair. We plan to manufacture in the USA to extremely high standards. Cost of manufacturing in 2007 is not the same as 2015. China vs USA manufacturing is not the same either - in fact no even close in some respects. We also plan top notch advertising and support. We are not releasing prices yet because we don't have the final build costs. The old MTS is not Synergy. We're taking everything up a notch

Just posted image of the E2 (renamed SYN2) feature set on our Facebook page:

www.Facebook.com/SynergyAmps

A lot of great features packed into a single rack space unit.

Very cool! I noticed there is a bypass. Is this wired in such a way that several of these units could be daisy chained together for people who want more than the 2 channels?

Latest posts